“Place to lay your head”
Review of Motel 6 Shamrock

Motel 6 Shamrock
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Shamrock
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I was driving to albuquerque and stopped here for the night. I didn't want to pay a lot for just a few hours of sleep. The rooms were nice decent. Nothing fancy. I'd stay there again. I felt safe I stayed by pool area. I paid $61 a lil pricy but nothing like across highway!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Okiegal82

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

It is so amazing what just having a nice clean room can do to refresh your tired sorry, aching bones. The sign read "under new management" and the new owners definitely "get it". The mattresses appear new, linens and newer bedding were crisp, a/c worked great and the carpet was so new we didn't even fret about waking to our slippers after our long, hot showers. I felt do refreshed I actually did my hair after my shower! That required energy! Thank you, Motel 6 of Shamrock, TX. Barring anything bad happening tonight, we will recommend you to EVERYONE.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nadine O
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I use Motel 6s, I like them, and have certain expectations for a clean but spartan place to lay my head. This is not a Motel 6. It is in the transition to becoming one, but has a long way to go. First, the wifi is not working and obviously has not been working for a long, long time. This is not acceptable. The room was large but crummy. Had to kill a few flies and a total of 3 big brown spiders who seem to have claimed the bathroom. The bottom of the curtains over the big window had really dirty hems. Skip it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is not a five star hotel It is Motel 6. It is exactly what you would expect from a Motel 6. A safe place to lay your head and get back on the road the next morning. Check-in was easy and the prices were good. We got a two queen room on the ground floor. The room is a little larger than I remember most Motel 6's. We were happy with the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My father and i were driving all day on i-40 and decided to stop for the night and pulled into the motel 6 my father didnt have his aaa card but she still gave him the discount i figured the room would be nice and clean since motel 6s always are but when we walked i was amazed huge room flat screen digital cable big nice soft beds cold a/c. Modern furniture bueatiful hotel room

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here only overnight on my way to Arkansas. All hotels/motels along this route are above-average prices due to the interstate. I had to stay in the back section (smoking) because there were no single rooms available in the non-smoking. The room I had was adequate (despite the faint smoke odor) and I felt safe being there and it was clean with fresh linens. Face it...most who stay at Motel 6 do so because it is pet-friendly with little restrictions and/or the price...not because it is a luxurious place with a lot of amenities. So you get what you pay for. As long as Motel 6's are relatively safe and relatively clean and they accept pets that's all I expect. Some Motel 6's are better than others. It just depends on the location. If you read a lot of hotel/motel reviews many of the more expensive chains don't have such great reviews as the lower priced ones so that should be considered.

Room Tip: I stayed here only overnight on my way to Arkansas. All hotels/motels along this route are above-av...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank maryellen1952
Reviewed June 12, 2014

A group of us stayed here after storm chasing in the area.

The rooms were large and pretty basic but they could really do with a clean.

They were nice and tidy with plenty of space and the guy at reception said they had recently been updated and that no one had used the rooms we were allocated in a while. There was a bit of dust in the corners and some dead bugs.

I would stay here again but only as a last resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends