“Safe and quiet place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shamrock North
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Shamrock
Boston
“Safe and quiet place to stay”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

The breakfast was decent. The room was clean (no bed bugs) but the entertainment unit had an odd smell to it--like an old lady. The staff was fine but not as friendly at other places we have stayed. The fitness room was very small with a flatscreen tv and the machines were new. The area is rural and not much in terms of things to do but if passing through and you need to stay I recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kushka13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2010

This hotel is right on the I-40 "business route" which is actually the old U.S. Route 66. The clerk at the counter was efficient and friendly, even trying to work out why I had two "points" accounts and fix the problem (turns out I have to do that myself with a phone call).

The room was very attractive and provided all the expected amenities. Fast food is available across the street (watch for large trucks when you cross!). It was quiet, and the bed was a step above many...good enough so that movements by your sleeping partner weren't transmitted across the bed.

Among the very few negatives...there are no towel racks, breakfast only lasts until 8:30, and there's not much in Shamrock, TX. We also found a dead cricket on the floor, but this is a hazard at certain times in Texas...I remember my time in the military in Texas and being amazed at the annual cricket "hatch" (they were literally EVERYWHERE and completely unavoidable...to find only one in the room, and dead at that, is something of a miracle after the annual "hatch"). We presented it to the clerk as a joke and she laughed right along with us.

We've been staying in out-of-the-way places in an attempt to avoid high bedbug areas, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue_n_Rich1
Monrovia, CA
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The Shamrock Holiday Express was a great stay! Wow!!Very friendly and professional staff. Clean spacious rooms and a great delicious morning breakfast buffet. After running all day I can't think of any better place to stay than Holiday Express! Thank you Dena and all the staff for your warm Texas Hospitiality!
Striding on Across America,
JR Monrovia, CA

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank JohnRadich
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2009

There are but a handful of hotels in Shamrock and so we chose Holiday Inn so that we may use our Priority Club Points. It was easy to find & only 1 block away from the U-Drop-Inn where we casually strolled over to listen to live music being played beneath the beautiful neon lights. Yes, the hotel backs up to a yard with junky vehicles, but this is a small town and rural lifestyle scenery is to be expected. We were just happy that our room didn't overlook I-20. Our hotel bathroom was very, very nice . . . the best we've seen in the Holiday Inns. The tile and dark wood was a nice contrast to the plush white towels. The continental breakfast was good and the staff kept the food stations well stocked. One down side was that the indoor pool was being repaired.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LauraMOAustin_TX
Arizona
Reviewed June 18, 2009

This Holdiay Inn Express has the typical amenities, but the people and service were great. I spent the first night in the Irish Inn, and I'll never stay there again. This Holiday Inn is brand new, and the people are as pleasant as you can find. It is within a few blocks of the highway, and this little town doesn't have a rush hour. I'll stay here every time I go to Shamrock.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank GalenTravels
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed May 7, 2009

First of all, there are other properties to choose from. I chose the HIExpress because of it being "new". The price was exceptionally high for what you get. My room on the first floor overlooked someones backyard with junked cars so I had to keep the drapes closed. When I went to take a shower, the bathroom only had a hand towel and washcloth in it. I was not impressed with that. I had to go to the front desk and ask for towels because my phone did not work. No worries there, but I had to wait more than 10 minutes to ask for a towel. Breakfast was your typical HIExpress breakfast. In the event that you need to use their computer in the business center, check and see if the anti-virus is up to date (it wasn't when I used it). And, they allow pets. I had to listen to a medium sized dog cry (in the hall) for more than 20 minutes because the women couldn't figure out how to get into their room. If I ever need to stay in Shamrock again, I think I'll check a different property. I would only recommend this room to a friend if they wanted to pay more for a room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank smokymtndeb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shamrock
Sleep Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Wheeler
Shamrock Country Inn
Shamrock Country Inn
#1 of 8 in Shamrock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shamrock North? Share your experiences!