“Not the tidiest of places, but good to great food, most of the time.”
Review of Mitchell's Family Restaurant - CLOSED

Mitchell's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 4, 2013

An older family type place. Not the cleanest of places. The lunch buffet is usually good. Not for everybody, but I like it anyway.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The moment we walked in the front door, the smell of cigarette smoke was over-powering.
They claim to have a non-smoking area, but with the smell so strong, even in the entry area, I wasn't interested in eating smoke flavored food. Give it a miss - better restaurants in town. We ate at Big Vern's - no smoke, great food and friendly staff.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

3 of us just had lunch here, and the food and service were great! I was very hesitant because this was the only non-fast food joint and I thought that with a captive audience they might not try to hard. But, I will always choose local diners over fast-food.
We ordered chicken fried steak, cheese enchilada dinner, a salad bar, 2 teas and 1 soda. Total bill including tip was $33.25 and it was well worth it. Portions were large and the food was so yummy! The chicken fried steak was real,fresh, and yes, it was a little greasy ( just the way I like it). Not like the frozen pre-made patties that get cooked in the French fryer. The enchilada dinner was perfect and included chips and salsa. The salad bar was fresh and included a tasty tapioca pudding.
Our service was great, and the restaurant was very busy.
Atmosphere is pretty bad but that won't keep us from coming back next time we drive thru Shamrock.
If you are a smoker, you do have a section in this restaurant.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Remember that old joke about the fly doing the backstroke? The flys were the second thing I noticed at this place. The first was the surly attitude of the waitress.
I ordered vegetable beef soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Bad choice. I did recognize green beans but the rest was mostly a mystery. Sandwich was slimey.
very bad experience in this entire town.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were returning home to MO from AZ and had been driving ALL day. We checked into our hotel and I went to the closest place to get food, I ordered liver and onions and the kid's hamburger plate and then THE WAIT...began. 5- 10 -15 minutes passed, waitress never checked to see if I needed anything. I was just tired and thought surely the food would arrive soon. I guess it was around 30 minutes and the food arrived in a paper bag. I noted the long wait to the cashier when I paid for the food and she told me they "were busy" (there were maybe 15 people in the whole place and many seemed to be locals sitting and visiting and 2 waitresses and 1cashier working in the front). I took the food back to our room. The hamburger had NO BREAD/BUN nor any condiments-it was just a thin, dry patty and VERY unappealing. The mashed potatoes were lumpy and the liver dry and overcooked and gravy pasty. I promptly returned the food and the cashier refused to refund the $$$ and told me the food was fine. I went to another local restaurant and got prompt service and very good food in under 15 minutes. I went to the front desk at our hotel and told them about this experience and told them to never recommend Mitchell's.

3  Thank MOSasha