“Great BBQ”

Rudy's Country Store & Bar B Q
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Selma
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Rudy’s has very good barbeque at not too high of a price. You buy everything by the pond for meat and size for the sides. The meats we tried were pork ribs, brisket, sausage and chopped beef. We had all of the sides except the peach cobbler. We didn’t care too much for the chopped beef or the beans but everything else was excellent. The beans just weren’t what I am use to and the chopped beef was basically a mixture of everything brisket, sausage, ribs chopped up in a BBQ sauce. Probably all the trimmings left over. We got our order to go so can’t comment on the conditions in the eating area. When we pulled up I thought it would take forever to get our order as the line was out the door. I was wrong though; they are very quick and efficient and has us soon on our way. One word of caution, as I never have eaten at a BBQ place where you order by the weight I ended up with way to much of some of the items. If you don’t know how much to get you may want to ask what they would recommend for your party size rather than guessing like I did.

There are newer reviews for Rudy's Country Store & Bar B Q

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The BBQ brisket was very tender and had excellent flavor. The sweet corn was delicious. We were very impressed by the quality of the food. It is informal with picnic table-like settings but certainly an enjoyable meal!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stopped at Rudy's for lunch. We had eaten at the original Rudys on I-10 West many times. The food was just as good and the "ambience" was the same. We had the usual brisket, turkey, chicken, saugage links, slaw, peach cobbler and drinks. Yes, my son has a large appetite and loves this place. I enjoyed everything as well. My wife tyipically does not care for BBQ, but like the smoked turkey.

Other than the slow service, group of undecisive and picky patrons ahead of us, this was another great experience. Will always keep this restaurant on our "must" eat list.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I think it is a chain. Try the creamed corn to die for and the turkey breast is always moist. Get the Brisket "moist" it is so good/tender no need to use a knife!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Love Texas BBQ. A cool place to eat! Lots of room inside. Good for big family gatherings and friends! Food is awesome. You have to try the Smoked Chicken and Cream Corn! Friendly Staff!