“Best stay ever!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Selma
“Best stay ever!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I came in recently for a family reunion Before I even arrived Theresa at front desk was so helpful and such a pleasure to talk with. I had a few edits to make which she did willingly. Once arriving the entire hotel staff was awesome! Special thanks to Theresa and Nikki for being soo sweet. Will come to visit again. Great golf course close to hotel as well.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
bellflower ca
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Everything said "Welcome"

The front desk staff was professional, and pleasant.
Quiet room, wonderful shower and comfortable bed.
The breakfast certainly served it's purpose.
Will definitely return!

A few little annoyances...
No safe deposit box in the room. After searching the entire room, I learned a box was available at the front desk.
An early morning request for the box was unfortunately difficult to fulfill. The female at the desk tried tirelessly to access any box.
Thought it took her approximately 1/2 hour to access a box, she remained professional and apologized several times for the inconvience.

Mine was a pleasure visit. I had patience and actually felt sorry for the flustered staff member.

However, if I had a pressing engagement, it would have been totally unacceptable.

The in room coffee service was never replaced. I asked the front desk staff. I learned it was to be refreshed daily. I even removed the coffee pot a lid from the coffee maker to make it obvious it needed replacement. It was not done.

Thankfully, there was delicious coffee downstairs.

After watching game 7 of the NBA Finals, there was a sticky spill on the desk.
Though our room was serviced, the sticky substance remained on the desk and food crumbs on the ottoman/coffee table.

When I asked housekeeping staff working in an adjacent room to clean the desk, I was met with such an attitude, I decided not to ask for other services.

The floor needed vacuuming, that was not done. Front desk staff told me it was done if the staff felt it was necessary.

Before my first shower I noticed a long black hair on the side of the bathtub. It was not in a position that I would touch so I figured house- keeping would get it.

The hair was still there on the third day, I removed it with a tissue.

On the third day, I noticed a toilet ring that progressively worsened with time...enough said.

Please repair the ice machine on the third floor.

The location is convenient within walking distance to many retail and restaurant locations.

Parking is plentiful and well lighted.

Thank you for the fully operational air conditioner.

Because it is such a beautiful property and overall the staff was wonderful, I chose to not let these glitches take away from the wonderful time I had with my family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Perry, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel was fairly new and very clean. The staff was very friendly and I felt appreciated for spending my money here. The gym was much nicer than expected and had some free weights although someone had "borrowed" the 25 lb. dumbbells which are the most popular. Water and cups were out at 5AM which was very early for this to run out. I reported all three items and the front desk clerk acknowledged but didn't do anything about it. The bathroom had a couple of hairs in the sink but otherwise seemed to be clean and tidy. Other than this my stay was good. With a little customer service training it would have been excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Either new or refurbished, this Hampton was a pleasure to stay at during a recent overnight in San Antonio. Helpful staff, clean, good breakfast you'd expect at Hampton. Had no time to scope out any other amenities offered, though. Will return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

TX
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel was excellent! The rooms were perfect, and the staff was excellent! We were in town for a family function, and didn't know our way around at all. The front desk staff would stop everything they were doing to help us figure out where we were supposed to be going, and how to get there. The rooms were perfect! Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. This is the only hotel I will EVER stay at in San Antonio for future trips. We plan to make San Antonio a frequent destination from now on!

Salt Lake City
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were quite pleased with our stay here. Upon arrival I was concerned that it may be noisy as it sites right alongside I35 but it was not a problem. We reserved a king suite which was very spacious. The room was nicely furnished with a comfortable bed. The room also had a desk, a nice sitting area with a sofa sleeper, and mini bar type area with sink, refrigerator and microwave. The hotel also has a nice indoor pool and exercise room. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast, so can’t comment there.

The location of the hotel is very central; you can be on the River Walk, New Braunfels, Airport or Gruene within 15-20 minutes. There are several restaurants in the area and also huge shopping center just across the freeway, The Forum at Olympia Parkway.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were very pleased with the hotel staff, the cleanliness of the lobby, the rooms and breakfast area. Great breakfast selections. Hotel isn't far from the Riverwalk and The Alamo. Staff was always pleasant and making sure our needs were taken care of. We will highly recommend. We will definitely be back at another Hampton Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio-Live Oak Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma
Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz
Comfort Inn and Suites
Best Western Plus Atrium Inn
Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio North Stone Oak

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB? Share your experiences!