“Expect the Best”

Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Selma
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed for a week: 10-17 September 2012. Absolutely one of the best hotel experiences My wife and I have had. Front desk staff are personable, helpful and very professional. The housekeeping staff was extremely flexible cleaning the room when my wife and I decided to sleep til 11:00am.The indoor pool area was clean, well maintained and a delight to the grand kids. The hot, free breakfast was actually hot and tasty. The dining area was constantly being kept clean by an attendant that would do anything she could to make sure you had a good start to the day. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. Looking for someplace to say in northwest San Antonio? Expect the best at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a quick 2 day trip to the area. We were extremely pleased with our stay. The location couldn't be better! The hotel is very clean, up-to-date, and the staff was very friendly. I love that the pool is inside it felt very cozy. The room was really clean as well and the overall condition looked very well maintained. Love love love the waffle maker - its a nice change from the usual continental breakfast.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one weekend while visiting Six Flags and attending a concert in New Braunfels. I picked this hotel because of the location as it is half-way between the 2 locations. We stayed in a king suite on the first floor, and it was a good size and very clean. The bathroom was pretty spacious as well. The breakfast was really good with a lot of different choices from cold to hot food. The staff was really nice and helpful. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

our stay was great the pool my kids loved being indoor with out the heat of the sun they got to stay longer. the food was great breakfest awsome. the space was more then what we need but glad we had it. it was my daughters birthday and its where she wanted to spend it. cant wait for next trip thanks for everything

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and the bed was super comfy, wish it was a king though, we got a room with two double beds, even though it was just the husband and myself. They didn't offer to trade our room out for a king for the same price (wanted to charge more) so we just snuggled. The pool was clean other than having 20 4th grade boys splashing water to the ceiling until 10. When the kids left the front desk attendant informed us the pool was closed in not the kindest way, but we obliged and went back to the room. I also thought breakfast was included, but if it was they didn't make it easy to get something to eat, coffee was hot and fresh, so that was nice. Overall I would choose something a little closer since the address given on the confirmation page is wrong and the hotel is a little further than 14 miles from New Braunfels. But as usual and because this hotel is practically brand new the room was nice for the amount of time we were in it.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a new hotel, and we found everything to be fresh and clean. Our room was smaller, but big enough for our purposes. I love the new Hampton Inn bedcovers- white duvet covers that are washed fresh between every guest. That feature alone has me looking first for a Hampton whenever I need a hotel.
The breakfast area is also wonderful- big and bright with a good selection of hot and cold items. We had scrambled eggs and bacon with a toasted bagel. There were also muffins, fresh make your own waffles, fresh real oatmeal, toast and cereal and yoghurt. A big seating area makes sure you are not having to sit on top of other guests.
Best price around, if you're not bothered by an extra 5 minutes down I-35.

Room Tip: I always prefer the top floor away from elevators, to make sure and minimize noise, but it's all...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I just stayed here on 6/12/2012, and I cannot describe how disappointed I was. The hotel stay was cut short because sometime around 12am, I discovered several cockroaches crawling up and down my arm, IN MY BED!!!! I immediately packed my things and went to the front desk. I would have left, but it was 12am and I needed to wake up early for work. They informed me that they were all booked, and all the other hotels under the Hilton name were booked as well. They didnt offer any support or show any concern for the bugs in rooms. As I was standing there, several crickets were just jumping accross the lobby. In the owner's description, it says this is a new hotel...HA!!. I called the General Manager, Brittany, and have yet to hear back from her regarding a refund or even her condolences. I will continue to stay at holiday inn express, and will tear up my Hotel Honors card.

Thanks for nothing Hilton.

Room Tip: dont stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Apirayof
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma
Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio-Live Oak Conference Center
Comfort Inn and Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Schertz
La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Toepperwein
Best Western Plus Atrium Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB? Share your experiences!