“Nice big rooms”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Braunfels, Texas
“Nice big rooms”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here on the night of our wedding and it was a nice experience. We had a big room with a comfy king size bed. The bathtub was huge and so relaxing! It was a nice experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed here for one night. Check in was easy and quick. Room was large and spacious for a family of 4 (2 queen beds). The most impressive part was that I left my bikini hanging on the shower rail. I telephoned the hotel to inform them of this, giving a new york address it could be sent to. Lo and behold the bikini was sent straight away to New York arriving less than a week later. Many thanks! Lovely clean hotel, helpful staff and a joy to stay in. Will certainly stay again when visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cilcain
missiori
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I just stayed here on sunday for a couple of nights to look for an apartment cause I wil be moving here. The hotel was great very clean, the breakfast was great, and the staff was very nice. I would like to thank Laura at the front desk for all her help because she went out of her way to help me find a great location to look for apartments as I didnt know the area and wanted to make sure I was looking in the right place. So Thank You Laura for everything you made my stay the best I have ever had at any hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank klight2544
Sugar Land
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We mainly picked this hotel because it was new, otherwise we could have chosen several others around the area. First of all, the young girl at the front desk was not able to give directions to the hotel. Um yeah, we ended getting there almost an hour later. She had to consult with other staff members and nobody knew what exit to take for their workplace? It was ludicrous. When we arrived and checked in she was embarrassed, explaining that the computers were down so she couldnt look up the map. Really not a good excuse at all. Though, we are laid back we didnt want to humiliate her more and wanted to sleep since at that point it was 1am.

We get to our room and it had the LOUDEST air conditioning unit I have ever experienced. I thought previous reviewers must have been exaagerating but it really felt like an airplane engine. All three of us family members were struggling to fall asleep and decided to turn off the dinosaur a/c. Then we heard this ticking sound which was driving us nuts. After some researching, I found that the sound was coming from the fridge so we unplugged that. We tried to sleep for what was the rest of the three hours of dark left in the night, which was near impossible with no air.

I thought at least the upside will be breakfast. Epic fail. Muffins were gross, waffle (how do you mess up a waffle) managed to be cardboard like, even the fruits were bad. I was like phew heres some orange juice to wash it down. Even the OJ was gross. I was at a loss for words... just an overall crappola experience. It should be titled Discomfort Inn & Suites. The next time we go up for a business meeting to San Anton we'll be staying at a different one for sure.

Despite all that, I always like to end with a positive note: the staff members were polite and the place was very clean, pretty nice looking and well kept.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SassySarahSuggests

Travelers are raving about these Selma hotels

Selma, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2010

housekeepers went in our room and stole our money and ect. when we told them we didnt need any service.do not stay here poor mangement poor staff and would never stay here again.had to call the cops and plan on taking to court. if you stay here after you read this you will be donating your money to the housekeepers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ashley042
Midland, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We had conformation for three nights. On arrival for the 3rd night, the hotel staff had removed all of our items from the room. Their computer did not match our conformation. when finding out that they were wrong, they offered no apology claiming it was still our fault for using an online booking agent. when we finally got our bags from their "breakroom" we were missing $200 dollars. The wet clothes and dry clothes thrown into the suitcase with leftover food. The staff was aloud to go through all of our personal belongings. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A COMFORT INN AGAIN!! This stay was horrible. PS~ The breakfast is also bad!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank lleclear
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2010

It was a nice room, but what good is that if you can't sleep?

When the AC came on, it did so with a loud click and then a very strong fan motor. One might describe the fan sound as a roar. This would not have been a problem had the fan just stayed on. Unfortunately the unit cycled on and off about every ten minutes.

All other units I have seen, have the ability to turn the fan on to run continuously and yet allow the AC to cycle on and off. This helps to drown out the sounds of other hotel guests

The loud TV in some nearby room and the person snoring in another certainly contributed. Had we been able to turn the AC fan on, we could have drowned out their noise as well as stop the worse disturbance, which was the fan going off and on.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingFF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Northeast San Antonio
Comfort Suites North IH 35
Comfort Suites North IH 35
#187 of 357 in San Antonio

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!