“Ok rooms. Bad internet, bad service and lies.”
Review of Days Inn Seguin TX

Days Inn Seguin TX
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I checked in and everything was fine. Ok room. Didn't have a fridge and microwave, not a big deal but definitely odd to find a room that doesn't provide this. I tried to get onto the internet, dsl cable, and it didn't work. I had to call the front desk on my cellphone because the room phone didn't work. They brought over a new modem and nothing, they sent me to a few other rooms and nothing worked. The maintenance man told me that this happens constantly. Finally, they sent me into a room on the opposite side of the building and the internet worked but when I came back from moving my bags the internet had stopped working. I had enough. Under normal circumstances, no internet wouldn't be such a big deal but as I was traveling for work, the internet was imperative.

I went to the front desk and asked to check out with a refund and the employee agreed but said that a $5 charge would not be refunded for housekeeping purposes. I told her that's BS, it was their fault I was checking out. She got mad and said, you can talk to the manager when he comes back tomorrow. I apologized, even though, I didn't think I had to, she was just being manipulative and vindictive. She said that it must have been just me because if more people were having problems, her phone would be ringing. I told her that the hotel looked pretty empty to me. Then she twisted my words and said, "So the reason you're leaving is because the hotel is empty." I told her not to twist my words and to give me her manager's name and the time he was in tomorrow. To which she said, he comes in on Monday. I paid the $5 fee in cash and told her she was rude and a liar.

I went across the road to Comfort Inn and I told them what had happened, they told me that that hotel is no longer a Choice hotel but they have not changed the name. At Comfort Inn I got a suite for the price of a regular room, so it all worked out. I'm just worried Quality will not refund my money back, they seem shady.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Lch86

Reviewed July 26, 2010

I'll be honest, when we first saw this motel (it is motel style) my wife and I actually looked into other options in the area. From the outside, it looks shabby.

But we decided to take the chance and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room. Everything was very clean, well maintained and in good condition during our two night stay.

The outside looks poor, but our room was better than other, newer hotels we stayed at during this trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This hotel had adequate cleanliness and decorated rooms as you would expect from this hotel chain. However, through a misunderstanding I was double billed for this stay. Trying to resolve this issue led me to the information that this site is no longer a member of the Quality Hotel Chain. and resoltion of any issue will lead to lies and misinformation by the manager Manisha who for a month has been "checking with their accountant" If you have a choice, Go Elsewhere!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I used priceline. The hotel said king size bed, wi-fi, refrigerator. I got a handicapped room. a plug in router. no refrigerator, full-size bed. Phone didn't even work to call room service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This hotel had everything we wanted--fitness room, breakfast, high-speed internet, pool. Yes, it's an old building, but everthing was really comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was really nice and professional. My brother was across the road at the Comfort Inn and he said their pool/hot tub was full of leaves and there wasn't a lot to offer at their breakfast, so we felt like we got a great value for our money. It's conveniently located close to major roads. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed two nights in this hotel while visiting friends in Seguin.

I had gotten the hotel on Hotwire where you don't know the name of the hotel until after you have accepted the rate, so I was a little nervous.

It was great!! It was very clean and had everything that we needed, including a fridge and microwave. We didn't use the pool area, but it was very clean and well kept.

The bed was extremely comfortable as well.

I would stay here again in a second!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I had a very nice welcome at the front desk when I checked in. The room was clean and had everything one could need for a 3-night stay. There were a couple glitches - the tv had less than a perfect picture & the ironing board did not stand on its own - but nothing to deter a stay. Though I did not take advantage of the breakfast, it looked excellent with hot items & make-your-own Texas-shaped waffles! The location is convenient right along the main highway, so there is easy access to the town if you have wheels. There is an IHOP right across the street as well as a convenience market.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo