“Clean and Safe for family of 5” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Seguin TX

You added Days Inn Seguin TX to your Saves list
Days Inn Seguin TX
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2950 North Highway 123 Bypass, Seguin, TX 78155 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Spring, Texas, United States
“Clean and Safe for family of 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Its not much to look at from the outside, but the room was clean and the staff was super. Had a room with two doubles and a fold out couch. Plenty of room. Called for towels and sheets and both were brought within minutes. Pool was clean and breakfast was great for continental style. Hot waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. We came to float the river and didn't know the area. This motel is about 30 minutes from New Braunsfels, so it's a little drive. Over all very satisfied.

Room Tip: 114 faces the pool and near the weight room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
The Woodlands, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I should have read the review before I book the rooms.....

This hotel was not acceptable at all. I sent my employees there to have a good nights rest since they worked all day. It was a one night stay. One room was OK but the beds were not comfortable. The other room had a few issues like..
• Toilet handle was broken
• Shower drain was not draining
• The up/down on the remote to the TV was not working

I would never send my employees there again and defiantly would not recommend this hotel. I will pay the extra to put them in a better hotel in the area.

I did file a complaint.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
      Cleanliness

Travelers are raving about these Seguin hotels

Conway, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

The evening desk clerk was friendly and helpful and we were grateful for the room because so many hotels in South Texas are full of the oil & gas folks. Two main complaints are that the room smelled (maybe urine ?) and the bed was very hard, woke up hurting all over from it. The good things are that the room was clean with fresh bed linens. There is an outdoor pool in the courtyard, so if you get a room on the inside of the courtyard you face the pool which is completely surrounded by rooms. They allow pets for an extra 10$ fee. Pretty pricey for what it is, but competetive with other hotels in the oil and gas area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a roughneck oil worker motel. During my stay there was a fight the first night, and a party until after midnight the next. I changed my travel plans and checked out as soon as I could.

• Stayed January 2012
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located off the highway and, after checking with neighboring hotels, was the only one that wasn't fully booked. Since the price was ok (100$ per night) we took a chance. Unfortunately, we didn't get the rest we were hoping for.

My first impression was a staff member who was dressed inappropriately. She was a friendly, young girl wearing jeans and a very tight, unflattering top. It looked like she was going out after work and couldn't be bothered bringing clothes to change in to so just wore them instead. Totally unprofessional.

The first room we were given was upstairs (you pay more for ground level) and when we walked it there was someone elses belongings everywhere and it reeked of alcohol. REEKED. OK these things happen and the check-in girl happily gave us another room which wasn't occupied. We were 'upgraded' to the ground floor for the inconvenience.

The second room was clean, however outdated and the beds uncomfortable.

The air conditioning unit switched on and off during the night. When it kicked in, it had such an enourmous roar is woke us up. We tried switching it off but of course then it was much too hot so we had no choice but to listen to this deafening noise.

There were workmen in the room next to us who we had encountered in the evening as they were right outside their/our door smoking. Not the hotel's fault, but irritating as the smell came straight into our room. At 5 am they got up and the walls are so thin we could hear every single word of their conversations, the shower running, their truck starting and them loading their truck.

I will never again pay money to sleep in this hotel with thin walls, deafening AC and rock hard beds. I advise you to all stay away, too. No 'cheap' price is worth it when you haven't slept a wink.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Mel_Aberdeen
Leonard, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My company had 4 rooms here this week. Some rooms were nice and some had carpet, plumbing and falling off wallpaper problems. I would assume the property is going under some remodeling. Even so, the bed linens were clean and nice.... And the beds pretty good. The breakfast is getting better since my last stay. The hotels in this town are so high, this is still a pretty good choice. I would stay here again. The pool area is pretty nice. The only negative this trip was that the hotel was full of construction workers. A little noisy late night, as they hung around outside.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
19 Thank Jack2148
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I felt this hotel was a good deal for the money. It is clean and the front desk is professional. The maids were nice and helpful as well. It's an older place but clean. If someone is accustomed to a more expensive place, they may consider it more of a motel but it certainly met my expectations and I will stay here again if I'm in the area. If you don't need a frig in your room or micro, you should be happy. They may have rooms with those accomodations though. You can ask. The things that I liked were that it was real clean and quiet. I just needed rest so it was great. It's not close to the expressway so you don't get traffic noise. There are plenty of places to eat in the area, Wal-Mart's not too far. Lots of gas stations.

Room Tip: Just be nice and you'll get good service.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seguin
Comfort Inn & Suites
4.0 of 5 stars 20 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seguin
TownePlace Suites Seguin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seguin

Been to Days Inn Seguin TX? Share your experiences!