“Worst stay ever!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
“Worst stay ever!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My family and I stayed here on our way home from vacation. The check in process was quick and easy. Once we got to our room all the problems started. We stayed on the 3rd floor and all night we could hear the people in pool. I think the pool is open all night. When we turned the ac on it smoked and set off the fire alarm. I just wanted to shower and sleep. The shower had so much mold! After I turned the shower off I looked up and noticed the mold on the shower head!! It was so disgusting! My children didn't even want to shower in there. I couldn't sleep with the partying going on in the next room and everyone yelling in the pool. I finally checked out at 3am and told them all the issues we had. Since no manager on site nothing could be done. When I finally spoke to the manager, Bob Patel, he gave me a partial discount. He was not sympathetic at all. He obviously has this problem often and not willing to correct it. We will never stay here again! Make the 45 min. drive to San Antonio..don't waste your money here. We paid $100 + tax for a filthy disgusting room.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank mlbvacations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Alamo, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We checked in at night after dinner, at the regular room rate. Because we were tired we unpacked and undressed in our room, before we checked it, thinking that at $100 per night we would have a good hotel room. Then we discovered a strong stench of old urine in the bathroom, like you would find in a dirty gas station men's room. The bathroom door had a hole bashed through it. The bedroom carpet was dirty with surface dirt - it had not been vacuumed. The offensive odor remained with us all night. We checked out in the morning and I spoke politely and quietly to the manager, describing the problems we encountered. He said he knew about the hole in the door, blaming a guest for it, and then asked us to settle our bill, which we did. The manager did not apologize for the hole, or the stinking bathroom, or the dirty carpet. The breakfast hostess and food were good, but we would not stay there again. With management's bad attitude about cleanliness and maintenance this hotel is sure to continue on its down hill slide.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Avitraveller

Travelers are raving about these Seguin hotels

Nekoosa, Wi
Reviewed November 11, 2010

It's a nice Comfort Inn but I'd stayed at others that were alot nicer and cleaner. Maybe I'm spoiled but I expected something alittle better and cleaner after reading the reviews. The bathroom had seen it's better days, it was clean but there was mold around the tub and tile. I probably wouldn't stay there again and probably wouldn't have a need to. There's not alot to choose from between San Antonio and Houston. Breakfast was average and not alot of eating places nearby.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed September 5, 2010

After checking out of one hotel because it was ghastly, I drove across the street to this Comfort Inn. The woman at the front desk was very helpful and understanding. She gave me a suite for the price of a regular room. The room itself was fantastic. It was clean, comfortable and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The suite was enough to rival some suites at high-end hotels that I've stayed in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Having stayed in other hotels in the area, this was our first stay here. We stayed 8 days on business. Very nice hotel and service. We will be staying here again next month for sure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
League City, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Having spent the night in the hot hell that was the old Holiday Inn across the street the previous night, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. Of course, we were sunburned and exhausted from Schitterbaun, so getting to the room and slathering on aloe was the top priority of our evening. Check-in was quick and the desk clerk was sympathetic and friendly. The beds were super comfy and soft.

We awoke to a fantastic breakfast with Texas-shaped waffles and good coffee. All in all... a great stay and we will return here next time we go to Schlitterbaun!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2008

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. Clean and very quiet. Breakfast was above average. Hotel within short driving distance of most area attractions. Several restaurants nearby. Front desk staff very friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)