“Still working out the kinks but nice view, good food, decent service”

Power Plant Texas Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Power Plant Texas Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 101 Restaurants in Seguin
Cuisines: American
Description: Welcome to The Power Plant Texas Grill. Come enjoy a meal at our restored Power Plant Restaurant. You can dine in our "Engine" Room, enjoy a cool beverage on our Patio overlooking Saffold Dam, or Plan a Private Event in our Turbine Room. We offer a full bar inside or on the Patio.. We serve comfort Texas Cuisine. Reservations Recommended on Fridays and Saturdays.
New Berlin, texas
“Still working out the kinks but nice view, good food, decent service”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went on a Saturday afternoon about 3 & were seated immediately. We had heard reports that during the normal lunch/dinner times that this place was packed. Pretty cool layout but as beautiful as the patio was it was just too darn hot to eat out there. The renovation of the old power plant is kinda neat & the floor to HIGH ceiling window areas are great. We ordered the chip appetizer and it came with salsa & guacamole. very good. I had the chicken fried steak & that also warranted a thumbs up. The teenagers had the fried fish and gave it a thumbs up. The side salads were awesome and choice of dressings more than adequate. We did give a thumbs down to the mac and cheese. As I mentioned we were seated immediately --and our waitress was appropriately attentive. I guess the one thing you could say I didn't care for was the "attire" of the wait staff & the hostess. For what could be a little more classy than the run of the mill restaurant, especially given the scenary, I just would prefer my waitress to be a little more appropriately dressed. Tank top & shorts just seemed out of place. We'll definitely be going back. If you find this review helpful, please check yes!

5 Thank qv09vvp

Fort Worth, Texas
“Fun place”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Seguin for two days, this restaurant was recommended by the owner of our Bed& Breakfast,it was very loud and the hosts was not friendly, but the service in our table was excellent, food and desert delicious! I was happy in the end.

1 Thank maria945
La Vernia, Texas
“Worth a come Back”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We took a chance and went on a Friday evening it was crowded. The main dinning room is small so we opted for the patio. As expected in South Texas it was hot, but the ceiling fans brought the temperature to a bearing level. A Band was playing on the patio offered a variety of music from Rock to country. We ordered the Turkey Wrap and the Grilled chicken breast. Both dishes were very good and plenty. Our waitress was very attentive even though it was very busy, our food came out promptly . Friends recommended other dishes as the Onion rings and Mushroom appetizer. They was a full bar on the patio and also one for the main dinning room. We want to go back and try other dishes.

1 Thank Elizabeth S
“Great Idea, Nice Patio...Service and Food were Poor”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

First I want to say that I really wanted this place to be good. Seguin needed a scenic river restaurant. The renovation of the old power plant is cool and they have a beautiful patio seating area. Unfortunately the place is disorganized in the way service is delivered and the food is not very good. It took us like 20 minutes to get water and see a waitress. My salad with chicken was edible, but the chicken was like 1/2 inch cubes that were more like what you make chicken salad with. The waitress would have forgotten my salad dressing if I hadn't said something. Shrimp nachos were just gross looking. Shrimp were small and looked boiled and poorly seasoned. Tortilla soup was too thick they forgot avocado. Saw other food that people had and it looked like reheated frozen stuff. I wouldn't go back unless it was just for a beer on the patio. Needs major management change and wait staff that know what they are doing.

• Visited July 2014