“Older motel re-branded” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Silicon Valley
“Older motel re-branded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This Motel 6 was turned into a Motel 6 via addition of a new sign over the old one on the front. The plus side is that the rooms are slightly larger than in corporate properties, and they still have the refrigerator and microwave in the room from when it was another motel. The downside is that it's sort of old and run-down. I saw no signs of any recent refurb work other than what appeared to be a new plastic surround around the chipped bathtub.

Supposedly it has free WiFi. But they gave me a code for the WiFi and it didn't work. So I ended up using tethering on my 3G phone rather than bother getting dressed again and trudging up to the office. If I'd paid for the WiFi I would have been more concerned but still had plenty of data left on my data plan so (shrug).

Others report issues with cleanliness. My room was clean, just tired, with somewhat worn carpet, tired furniture, and a chipped bathtub in the bathroom .

All in all I won't call it the worst hotel ever, but I expect better from Motel 6. I could have stayed at any number of similarly tired budget motels in town for less.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Laredo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

First of all let me begin by mentioning that I just stopped in to take a break from a long drive, I checked in at 2am and was hopeful that this Motel 6 would be comfortable and clean. Checking in to this hotel was a BIG mistake! I have stayed at a Motel 6 before and have never seen anything like this.....dirty, smelly, and in complete disrepair. There was even a cigarette butt on the floor in the room! Now to those who mention you get what you pay for, I agree. I didn't expect luxury mattresses with egyptian cotton sheets but i did expect a clean, well-kept room. This place was just plain gross.

1 Thank cricketdee

Travelers are raving about these Seguin hotels

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We arrived at this hotel because we were so tired of driving from Houston and wanted a place to stay we arrived at around 12am so I went in and asked the girl who was at the office if she had any availability and she said yes so I asked if she had Non Smoking double beds and she said no that she only had Smoking. I told her that I needed a Non Smoking because I had children with me and she apologized for the inconvinience so I told her I had to talk to my aunt first. I went and talked to her and went back inside and asked the girl if I could see the room first to see how bad it smelled because I had children with me and she changed the subject saying "Oh we have a Non Smoking room with 3 beds @ $99.99+tax" She had lied and said that she didnt have any now she had one, pretty confusing so we decided to take the room anyways THINKING it was a nice room plus we were so tired we didnt even argue about it but Hell no!!!!She gave us room 124 its on the back side of the hotel where theres a trash bin and an empty space of land it was scary. Upon entering the room there was like animal droppings on the baseboards all around the rooms, the lamp between the 2 beds were broken, the mirror was dirty, there were spiderwebs all over the ceiling, the bed spreads had holes, the curtain was broken, the bathroom was dirty and had no trash can, overall the room was dirty. We couldn't go anywhere else because it was late and the kids were tired so we all decided to stay together and sleep in the 2 beds on top of the bed spread. I had put my 2 month old to sleep in the stroller between the 2 beds because I was just so uncomfortable and itchy. The only good thing I can say was that the TV, Hairdryer and A/C were the only things that were ok. Dont EVER stay here its the worst place ever.

Room Tip: No tips this Hotel is HORRIBLE
1 Thank 84Lone_Star84
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

room was horrible . the room had spider webs on the ceilings , seemed like it had not been cleaned/ dusted. Every time we moved on the bed ,dust came through our noses thats why we didnt even move the sheets we slept over them, yuck. We felt itchy and uncomfortable . The curtains were scratched badly by something...floors were filthy... worst of all was the rat poop on the edges . i dont recommend anybody staying here.

1 Thank jojomil
new orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

I would first like to say that I enjoyed my stay here. The employees were friendly and accommodating, the breakfest filling, the rooms alright, and the price not so bad. Ignorant people who travel and pay low prices somehow expect everything to be above and beyond what they paid for, which is ridiculous. To anyone who actually reads the others reviews, don't make a judgment based off of them. I mean why would you believe a person if they made several racial remarks towards the employees and made incredulous claims that quite possible never happened. (maybe wanting a refund b/c the employees found 5 extra people in a room meant for 4? I guess getting charged for the extra people you lied about is a crime against nature) But thats just my honest opinion. Thanks

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

we found bed bugs on us biting us at 5am. we packed up and rushed out. told the clerk and their reply was 'oh yeah we have had trouble with them in that room....demanded a refund and they simply pointed to a ''NO REFUNDS'' sign on the wall.....totally unacceptable, disgusting, etc etc etc..... I have never in my 60 years came across something or someone as hideous as this. I could understand an accidental infestation and rental but the fact that they admitted having knowledge of the critters prior to renting is unbelievable....my wife and I work on the road most of the year and now have no choice but to check rooms in person prior to paying to aviod another encounter like this and bites that last for weeks. its sickening. How could they? choose your motels and hotels very carefully. good day friends.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the bed bugs and careless staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank dontletbedbugsbite
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

Worst excuse for Lodging ever!!! Pubes all over the bathroom,holes and mold on the ceiling,smelled like wet cat,drawers fell out of nightstand,giant hole in bedspread,air cond had to be 50 yrs old and worked sporadically,I'm afraid to get under the sheets,so I am going to sleep on top of the spread and hope for the best!!!! Not bad for 60 bucks Huh

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank mrvmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seguin
Days Inn Seguin TX
4.0 of 5 stars 20 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seguin
TownePlace Suites Seguin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seguin

Been to Motel 6 Seguin? Share your experiences!