Olivia Mansion
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seguin(Seguin)(Great Value!)
$109
Travelocity
Texas Inn(Seguin)
$85
  • Room Service
TownePlace Suites Seguin(Seguin)(Great Value!)
$113
$105
TownePlace Suites
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnew orleansbreakfast was deliciouscasserolebeautiful bed and breakfastmin driveantique furniturehighly recommend this placehistorical homenext morningeggswhirlpoollinens
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We love bed and breakfast inns, but this visit was disappointing. The innkeeper was out running errands when we arrived and the greeter did not offer us any introduction to the inn. She did not know if breakfast was available. She just gave us a key and told us the room was upstairs. The guest room was very dark with heavy draperies. The lighting was totally inadequate. The sink was stopped-up and would not drain. In the morning the shower was cold. We learned that the hot water was on a timer and did not come on until later. The inn had an un-inviting smell. At breakfast we learned that the owner rescued dogs (which is very kind). The inn currently housed 30 dogs. There were also bowls of dog kibble on the counter where our breakfast was being prepared.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fredrick48
wittygirl99, Owner at Olivia Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

I am very sorry that the visit was unsatisfactory for this guest. We try to make the description of our property, rescue operation and check-in policies perfectly clear. We assume that guests refer to the website description of the inn and read our check-in policies before they make a reservation. I think that is fair. Our dog rescue is prominently displayed and is a draw for many guests who support our work. The dogs' facilities are adjacent to the B&B, not in the B&B. Our check-in policy asks that guests notify us of if they wish to check-in early or late for the very reason that we may be out running errands related to the business and unable to check them in personally etc. We use the time when most guests are absent from the inn to do jobs such as bleach floors and reseal tile etc which must be done from time to time and the scent can be unpleasant to some people. That is why we do it when we expect people are gone. Everything, including the little dog dish for my dachshund must be off the office floor. it may have been set somewhere in the vicinity of the kitchen since the kitchen is huge and open to several other rooms including my office. Our hot water is not on a timer. However an outside contractor would not know this. Sometimes it may take a minute to get hot. but there is no shortage of hot water. I am a live in owner so I am pretty much available 24 hours a day and will give the history of the house and such to anyone who would like to know it. Our B&B staff can address most questions and we have a book on the history of the house for those who would like to peruse. Anything such as a slow sink will be addressed immediately upon our notification, Someone is working on the sink as I am writing this.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like the Mosheim Mansion. I don't visit B&Bs very often, but if they're all like this, then I'm a fan. Let me tell you about what you're going to get:

The best part is, the building is beautiful on the inside. It's almost museum quality, filled with antiques and artwork. The whole place feels very Victorian and authentic and it's really quite special. The second best part? The food! I'm telling you, you will rarely have a better breakfast (or a better mimosa...). Great food, lots of options, beautiful dining room... Those are the reasons to visit Mosheim in my opinion.

Now the less-good stuff. There's no nice way to put this: Seguin is boring, and the locale surrounding the mansion is borderline ugly. There's an abandoned concrete slab next door and a rough-looking parking lot and some warehouses across the street. Not a deal breaker, but make sure you're visiting to see the historic interior of the building rather than to enjoy a sweeping vista. The vista is not sweeping. Furthermore, the grounds of the mansion aren't tended very carefully. The grass is patchy, and the view from my window included come pallets and an old car seat (and the aforementioned concrete slab).

You're only a short drive from New Braunfels, so that's where my focus would be in terms of where to spend your time outside the mansion. Take a drive, get out into the hills, and all will be well. I also strongly recommend the Blue Lotus Winery, which is run by a fabulous young couple and is right nearby. Great wines, wonderful meads!

Overall, I think it's worth a look. Just make sure you know what you're getting into! Oh, and it's also a dog rescue. So be prepared for the sound of a dozen dogs saying hello (don't worry- they don't stay up late).

Cheers and safe travels-
Patty

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PattyDumpling
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Booked one night in one of the lower priced rooms since we had never been there before. When we arrived Carol made us feel very welcome, and since no one was in the honeymoon suite, and ghost hunters were filming in the original part of the home, she bumped us up to the honeymoon suite. Very very nice. Hot tub in room was amazing as was the comfortable king size bed and bedding. Not to mention the decor. Plan on going back for a weekend when I can antique shop. Passed many shops on the way in from San Marcos. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaraD48
Reviewed September 1, 2012

First of all, the mansion is grand and decorated perfectly Victorian. The B&B is the place to stay in Seguin. The owner, Carol is 5 star herself, throw in the fact that she cooks amazing and runs a high end B&B it is a SUCCESS! The beds and linens are comfortable and upscale. The Jacuzzi tub was a hit for us during our stay. You must try the German pancake and omelets that Carol makes, delicious. From the welcoming at check in to the goodbye at check out, you will feel you stepped into a family of a dear friends home. If your lucky, you will get to meet the dogs she is helping. They were never an issue. This place is exceptionally clean. I am ready to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the San Antonio room but took a tour of all the rooms and every room was amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Carol, the owner, is what makes this mansion so fabulous. We had just about given up on staying in B and B's but Carol was so friendly and made us feel like she had known us for years, staying and chatting after the superb breakfast she had prepared for us. She gave us a very reasonable rate on the rooms. There were five of us - two adults and three kids and we all had a blast staying here. The kids loved the french toast and chocolate chip pancakes. They also enjoyed seeing the puppies. They do have quite a few dogs as they run a rescue, but we never heard or saw the dogs except when she was showing us the puppies. Highly recommend this place - we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family