“Most relaxing weekend I've had in a long while!”
Review of Olivia Mansion

Olivia Mansion
Ranked #1 of 2 Seguin B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Booked one night in one of the lower priced rooms since we had never been there before. When we arrived Carol made us feel very welcome, and since no one was in the honeymoon suite, and ghost hunters were filming in the original part of the home, she bumped us up to the honeymoon suite. Very very nice. Hot tub in room was amazing as was the comfortable king size bed and bedding. Not to mention the decor. Plan on going back for a weekend when I can antique shop. Passed many shops on the way in from San Marcos. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaraD48
There are newer reviews for Olivia Mansion

Reviewed September 1, 2012

First of all, the mansion is grand and decorated perfectly Victorian. The B&B is the place to stay in Seguin. The owner, Carol is 5 star herself, throw in the fact that she cooks amazing and runs a high end B&B it is a SUCCESS! The beds and linens are comfortable and upscale. The Jacuzzi tub was a hit for us during our stay. You must try the German pancake and omelets that Carol makes, delicious. From the welcoming at check in to the goodbye at check out, you will feel you stepped into a family of a dear friends home. If your lucky, you will get to meet the dogs she is helping. They were never an issue. This place is exceptionally clean. I am ready to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the San Antonio room but took a tour of all the rooms and every room was amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Carol, the owner, is what makes this mansion so fabulous. We had just about given up on staying in B and B's but Carol was so friendly and made us feel like she had known us for years, staying and chatting after the superb breakfast she had prepared for us. She gave us a very reasonable rate on the rooms. There were five of us - two adults and three kids and we all had a blast staying here. The kids loved the french toast and chocolate chip pancakes. They also enjoyed seeing the puppies. They do have quite a few dogs as they run a rescue, but we never heard or saw the dogs except when she was showing us the puppies. Highly recommend this place - we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasGoldfish
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a WONDERFUL place to stay! I highly recommend this for couples. We stayed for a last minute weekend getaway and were very impressed. The mansion is very true to the pictures on their website. It is beautifully decorated. What I loved most about it was the fact that is felt as welcoming as grandma's house! Carol talks to you like you have known her for years, instead of as someone she has just met. She is the perfect B&B host. We stayed in the Seguin room. I most certainly want to go back here.

I also must address the dog rescue issue as mentioned in previous posts....
Why would you be upset over dogs in a B&B when it is MENTIONED ON THEIR WEBSITE!!??
It's not a secret, not a surprise. I knew when I booked my room that it was a dog rescue. So shouldn't I go expecting not only dogs, but dogs that have been RESCUED!? Which should mean they are not going to be the healthiest dogs? They were RESCUED for a reason. Use common sense. If you are allergic to dogs or do not like dogs, then of course, do not stay here. If you don't mind seeing a couple dogs, and hearing an occasional bark...then no worries. Also the dogs are not just roaming around all over the mansion. They have their very own designated places, and in no way interfere with the guests.

Breakfast - SIMPLY AMAZING!!!
Carol is a fabulous cook! I couldn't believe all of the options to chose from in the morning.

Stay at the Mosheim Mansion....you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuvRoad
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We arrived at the mansion as a late check-in and were greeted by the owner on the front porch. She gave us a quick tour and showed us to our room. Everything was very clean and there were beautiful antique pieces without making it feel cluttered. The bed was super comfy and breakfast each morning was delicious. Some previous reviews voiced concerns about the puppy rescue... We barely heard the dogs and they stayed in the back of the house and the backyard and were not allowed in the guest areas at all. We went for a quiet getaway and that us exactly what we had!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 6, 2012

You stay at a bed and breakfast for a reason, be it a change of pace or love of historic detail. At the Mosheim, you will find both. The rooms are spacious and eloquently decorated.Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were spotless. It is more the service that would keep you coming back. Carol is a blessing and a gracious host. It is not the least expensive place in Seguin, but I guarantee it is the most memorable.

Room Tip: For a family of four, choose the Marion Suite. Pocket doors add privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Paycheck2Paycheck
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Can't wait to return!  Had a fabulous time.  The food was amazing! Get the
German Pancake because it is awesome!  I loved our room. ( The New Orleans).
Really gorgeous antique bed.  I notice one reviewer hated the dogs.  I came
partly because I like dogs and the idea of the rescue.  I have to wonder why
someone would make a reservation at a place that ADVERTISES it has a dog rescue
if the mere sight of the sad rescued animals is gross to them?  You kind of have
to go out of your way or ask to see the dogs.  They aren't just running around
the house. Anyway,  I thought the place was beautiful and quiet and I can't wait
to come back.  I'm also glad there are kind people taking care of God's
creatures who have suffered so much.If you want a beautiful mansion, great rooms and killer food, go visit the Mosheim Mansion!

• Stayed: March 2012