“very good”

Tony's Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Sealy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have had the pleasure of eating at Tony's three times this year. I look for excuses to stop here on my way back and forth on I-10. Reading the menu, one would expect the food to be basic and nothing more, and I suppose it is basic, but it is basic in the good way, the old way: reliable, well prepared, and delicious. The fried fish sandwich ("burger") is amazing - ask for the tartar sauce on the side, remove all but three of the pickle slices and prepare for greatness. Unlike most fish sandwiches or fish tacos, this fish could easily stand alone. Onion rings and fries are both very good.The menu offers many different dishes, sides, and combinations as well as specials. The wait staff have been friendly, attentive,
and quick without making you feel rushed.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family visited. Nothing special but not bad. Service ok. Food ok. Highlight for my kids strangely enough were the fun vending machines by the door.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast and although it was doing a brisk business, the service was quick and friendly and the food was quite good. We had the eggs, bacon, biscuits and grits...my only minor issue was that the over-easy eggs were a little too done, but still good. Like a lot of places, they didn't throw a couple of pieces of greasy bacon on the plate...we got four large crisp pieces that were like your mom used to cook. The young woman that waited on our group was very pleasant and did not act like she was unhappy to be working on a Saturday morning. She was attentive to our table without being intrusive. That type of attitude still goes a long way with a lot of people. Two of us ate breakfast for less than $15. I would recommend Tony's if you're in the Sealy area.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

It was a Thursday night and about 20% capacity. There were 4 servers on duty and the woman at the register was pitching in. I watched bread rolls being taken out of the warmer by the servers with their bare hands while holding tongs in their other. Maybe the tongs didn't work??? I should have left then. It took forever to get my food (I didn't eat the bread) and after that, no one came back to check if everything was correct, edible, need anything - nothing. There seemed to be plenty of time for them to complain to each other in passing. I ate what I could wash down with the remainder of the 12oz of tea I was given before I even ordered, because I thought I was hungry. There was a lot of food on the plate, but most of it was still there when I left.
I won't go back.

1  Thank Todd D
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I took my daughter and grandson there for breakfast. I was so excited about the thought of biscuit/gravy with a side order of bacon xtra crispy. Yes we received our food at a reasonable time however the food was HORRIBLE. The gravy was bland cold and not good. The biscuits were not fresh and the bacon was of bad quality taste funny. The waitress came to the table 1 time and that was to take our order. Another lady brought our food to us. And when she brought the check she literally sat it on the table as she walked past. Not a lot of choices in Sealy but I'd rather go to McDonald's across the street before I went back there. And the prices were NOT reasonable.

1  Thank Tina H

Been to Tony's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!