“Good Experience”

Jin's Asian Cafe
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Sealy
Cuisines: Chinese, Korean
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We moved to Eagle Lake from Sugar Land and have surely missed good Thai and Chinese food. Usually have to drive almost an hour to get a decent meal. Ran across Jin's in Sealy.....wonderful place. There is a Chinese buffet in Sealy and one in Columbus that we shall never visit again. Buffets rarely offer exceptional food. Jin's was as good as any top rated place in Houston/Sugar Land. Beyond the food, the young man and the young woman that waited on us were gracious, attentive and quick. Very surprisingly pleased with our entire dinner. Huge portions, btw.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

... Don't Go In! I'm sorry, but after a good string of favorable reviews, the buck has to stop here. Sealy has only two Chinese restaurants and neither are good. After reading the other reviews, I finally decided to give this place a try today for lunch... big mistake. One hostess and one waiter was all that was needed as the place was empty (lunchtime on a Saturday?). The waiters were not cheerful or professional and the order was incorrect. I ordered the Vegetable Pad Thai which was nothing of the sort (D-). My wife ordered "Volcano Shrimp" which was not spicy as the name might suggest, but still edible (B+). The other item we ordered was shrimp fried rice, which was full of grease (F). Here is something to visualize if you are considering a visit to this establishment, instead of driving 20 minutes north to Bellville (Golden Pagoda)... 5 minutes after leaving the restaurant, my stomach started grumbling. 10 minutes later, imagine terrified women and children fleeing Godzilla in dowtown Tokyo, as I barely made it into the house and to the "facilities", wahahaha... Please beware of this place.

1  Thank GRTraveldawg
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am so glad that a decent Thai restaurant can be found not too far away from us - finally! We have been here about 3-4 times, with good experiences every time. The Lamb with Cumin is AMAZING and the Basil Fried Rice is fabulous (though I would prefer a little more basil, it is still delish). The portions here are huge, compared to dishes you get at Thai places in the city. The green curry wasn't my fav, but still good. Next time I'll try the other curries. The rice noodles are also yummy. My two kids can order one order of the kids sweet & sour chicken and still have leftovers - and they love it. My 5-yr old loves the wonton soup for some reason - I haven't tried it. The last time we came here we ordered takeout and it was raining. The hostess carried our food out and walked us to our car with her huge umbrella. Talk about awesome service!!! I also tried the Thai tea and feel like it is better at other Thai places, but it may depend on who is making it at the time, so I'll try it again. It wasn't bad, just not super good. Anyway, this is my new favorite place to get Asian food out by us - and we drive 20 minutes to get it. I hope this place stays open! :)

1  Thank food_lover_texas
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Small place, but good food and friendly staff. We visited twice in 3 days for the lunch buffet. Very affordable

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We are locals, and looked forward to the opening of JIns. The first year things went pretty well, but the service and food quality has certainly diminished. The last time we went was Valentines Day, and they clearly did not expect the rush they had. Only two servers on staff, who understand almost no English, which makes it very difficult to order, except by menu number. Our food came out of the kitchen in about 30 minutes, and was mediocre at best. Secondly they completely ignored a couple with their 10 or so year old son who were seated beside us. Even after the father asked to waiter to take their order, they continued to ignore them, and they finally left after almost 30 mins. No management present, and the staff didnt seem to care customers leaving their establishment! Do yourself a favor, pass on Jins, and head up to Bellville to Golden Pagoda.......never any disappointments there in over 12 years of eating there. The food and service there is superior!!!!

2  Thank Mark H

Been to Jin's Asian Cafe? Share your experiences!