“Really yummy Thai food!”
Review of Jin's Asian Cafe

Jin's Asian Cafe
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Sealy
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
East Bernard, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really yummy Thai food!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am so glad that a decent Thai restaurant can be found not too far away from us - finally! We have been here about 3-4 times, with good experiences every time. The Lamb with Cumin is AMAZING and the Basil Fried Rice is fabulous (though I would prefer a little more basil, it is still delish). The portions here are huge, compared to dishes you get at Thai places in the city. The green curry wasn't my fav, but still good. Next time I'll try the other curries. The rice noodles are also yummy. My two kids can order one order of the kids sweet & sour chicken and still have leftovers - and they love it. My 5-yr old loves the wonton soup for some reason - I haven't tried it. The last time we came here we ordered takeout and it was raining. The hostess carried our food out and walked us to our car with her huge umbrella. Talk about awesome service!!! I also tried the Thai tea and feel like it is better at other Thai places, but it may depend on who is making it at the time, so I'll try it again. It wasn't bad, just not super good. Anyway, this is my new favorite place to get Asian food out by us - and we drive 20 minutes to get it. I hope this place stays open! :)

• Visited September 2012

Sealy, Texas
“Very good food”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Small place, but good food and friendly staff. We visited twice in 3 days for the lunch buffet. Very affordable

Visited June 2012
Sealy
“Not a pleasant experience for Valentines Day”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We are locals, and looked forward to the opening of JIns. The first year things went pretty well, but the service and food quality has certainly diminished. The last time we went was Valentines Day, and they clearly did not expect the rush they had. Only two servers on staff, who understand almost no English, which makes it very difficult to order, except by menu number. Our food came out of the kitchen in about 30 minutes, and was mediocre at best. Secondly they completely ignored a couple with their 10 or so year old son who were seated beside us. Even after the father asked to waiter to take their order, they continued to ignore them, and they finally left after almost 30 mins. No management present, and the staff didnt seem to care customers leaving their establishment! Do yourself a favor, pass on Jins, and head up to Bellville to Golden Pagoda.......never any disappointments there in over 12 years of eating there. The food and service there is superior!!!!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Mark H
Cat Spring, Texas
“Thai Food”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Well this is hands down an excellent dinning experience A bit of a wait but hey all freshly made and no frozen ready made stuff here, so just good food and we go here often when Thai food strikes us. One thing to change would be to have fresh chillies instead of the oil based which is all they have but can work around this as the spices used are wonderful. This past trip had the Thai curry fried rice as just my main course with shrimp!! To start had the shrimp Thai style egg roll. Way to much food. Great prices you should be able to get out for under $10 bucks not counting drinks. Happy eating

• Visited February 2012

Been to Jin's Asian Cafe? Share your experiences!