“One Less Customer!”

Valdos Seafood House
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Seabrook
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For succulent seafood and festive Cajun and Creole dining, come see us at Valdo’s Seafood House. We're one of the Houston areas most distinctive restaurants, serving fresh seafood from local waters with a definite Mexican flair. We have been serving the area with the most succulent Mexican and Seafood cuisine for more than 20 years. Call us for reservations, or simply come on in - either way, you're in for an unforgettable dining experience.
Alvin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One Less Customer!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Yesterday we went to celebrate my son's birthday. We have been to Valdo's in the past and he loved it...not anymore! The service was HORRIBLE and they must have lost the Chef they had before because the food was terrible! You would think that the Caesar Salad would have been one of the food items they would manage to make that would taste great! Not so! It was soggy...taste was far from what a Caesar Salad should taste. I do not know what in the world is happening...is it under new Management? What ever it is they need to do something about it...when the service and food are poor...there goes your business! I know they lost me as a customer. Not to mention that when I asked if they had anything special for someone's birthday the answer was..."we do not have enought staff and I would have to ask the owner. But you can pick a dessert from the menu (we pay not a complimentary dessert)." Yeah...wow! We ordered their bread pudding...that hasn't changed, it still pretty amazing but that is all they have going for them. Next time...Olive Garden!

• Visited December 2012

blaine, wa
“CHEF RAMSEY - NO TIME LEFT TO SPARE !!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate here on the recommendation of the front desk personnel at the La Quinta just down the street. Please don't eat here. You're taking a serious chance with your health. I won't even go into the horrific "meal" that was served to us. Just suffice it to say it was ALL gloppy. Just horrible. I wish I'd thought to take pictures of the piles of goop that we were served.

We had been in Galveston for a wedding and spent a night in Seabrook on our way back to IAH and to tour the Space Facility. We had a wonderful trip, got caught up in the Alaska Airline snafu and had to spend 8 hours at the airport....we ALL agreed that THAT unfortunate experience was MUCH more pleasurable than the meal at Valdos. Just REMEMBERING that meal puts a taint on the whole trip. Just awful.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank twotravelBlaine_Wa
Seabrook, Texas
“it was great till we got to the crawfish”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

had lunch at valdos last week and the meals looked spectacular I got the seafood combo platter & my friend got pasta with crayfish . I started out with the crayfish @and thought they tasted as if they were bad so not thinking i put them aside and moved on to the other parts of the platter . all of the food was good not great ,it looked great though green sprinkles added a nice illusion, my friend likes to talk a bit & had not started his meal yet i was halfway through mine,he tried one bite and made a face i had not seen him make before he got up from the table without talking to me and i heard him vomit all the way from the bathroom , when he came back to the table he was very angry and demanded the mgr come out , he had tasted the crayfish in his meal , and said they werent just bad they were rotten ,at witch point we started to smell them and tear them they smelled of amonia and decay and could not believe they had actually made it to our plate the mgr said he would give my friend his meal for free but the crayfish were good they come in frozen so its not a problem , I insisted that i payed for my plate so he wouldn't think I was trying to skip out on my meal . I was very upset when i made the manager smell the crayfish and asked him in front of several servers how on earth he thought that it was acceptable to serve a product that was completely rotten , he kept just saying that they were frozen and running off he did not appear to be the least bit concerned with our problem just trying to get us to leave . i gave the waitress a seven dollar tip and did not get a thank you i would not reccomend this place to anyone and most certainly not be dining here again oh yeah almost forgot my girlfriend told me that because i ate the crayfish i needed to try and throw them up if possible to avoid food poisoning later so my 27 dollar meal ended up on the side of the road a few minuites later the health dept has been notified

• Visited August 2012
Taylor Lake Village, Texas, United States
“Subpar service with so-so food”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We won't be back. One of my daughters likes this restaurant ... but she is 7 years old and likes anyplace with lemonade. Service was very slow, restaurant was dirty and smelled moldy, food was less than good. We won't be back. I didn't realize this restaurant was on Trip Advisor or I would have reviewed earlier. We could practically walk here from home, but we would rather drive for a better meal.

• Visited June 2011
timbuktu
“Chef Ramsey Please Hurry!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband, and Son ordered the steak, filet mignon, which was tough and tasteless. My daughter and I ordered the special, stuffed shrimp w/cheese, jalapenos,and crab. Could not taste crab, just lots of breading mix. Same as stuffed mushrooms, and stuffed jalapenos we ordered, they all had same stuffing. We complained to waitress, which she was the only positive thing going for this out of date dusty interior of of restaurant. Not once did a Manager approach us to ask about our meal. We left with a 175.00 bill and hungry, we did not eat but a bite of our food. And we won't even get into the drinks from the bar, a pina colada, that taste like pure coconut watered down. Chef Ramsey, This place is in desperate need of your assistance, along with the management Team.
PS. They billed my credit card twice for this horrible meal also

• Visited May 2012