“Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 2 Seabrook B&B and Inns
St. Charles, IL
“Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I found this B&B online after a thorough internet search. The owner and the property did NOT disappoint! We stayed in the Sterling room with a king size bed facing the waterfront. The room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable. The bed was luxurious and Delaina the hostess went above and beyond to meet our needs. I had some special requests and she came through with gracious hospitality making the stay extra special. The ONLY negative is that we stayed for two days and had the same breakfast both days. It was a delicious breakfast, we were just a little surprised that it was the same both mornings.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ncocacola
DJ_McKee_2004, Owner at Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for the nice review -- 'Southern Hospitality' guests. My goal is to accommodate special needs and unique requests when possible, and make each guest feel comfortable and special. So, it is with much pleasure to read such a review. I do try to vary the cuisine from one day to the other, especially when guests are spending multiple nights. Apparently I slipped up on this one time, and for that I apologize. However, I am glad you enjoyed it, nonetheless.

Hint to future guests: Please let me know on-the-spot if you have a concern or dislike so I have the opportunity to make adjustments real-time. After-the-fact the opportunity is gone forever, and I do want you to have a stellar experience at Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast, where Texas Hospitality and Southern Hospitality is served daily.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Inn the Spirit of Hospitality,
Delaina Hanssen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 24, 2013

First rate service by Delaina Hanssen and her son! Comfortable room with spacious bathroom. Bed was just right; not too firm and not too saggy. Breakfast portions were just right; not too much and not too little. Lovingly decorated rooms. Tranquil setting on Clear Lake. Close to restaurants and attractions such as NASA Space Center. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Room above dining area has best view of Clear Lake.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack K
DJ_McKee_2004, Owner at Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
It is always heart warming to hear from our satisfied guests that we 'met the mark' of hospitality and amenities our property offers. Our aim is to make your leisure and/or business travel as relaxing and comfortable as possible, because we know that traveling can be tedious. Thank you for the nice review, and please keep us in your travel plans for 2014. We look forward to your next visit.
Happy New Year!
Delaina and Byron Hanssen
Coplay, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Beacon Hill is a small inn where every need and comfort is satisfied by the gracious owner.
The rooms are clean as well as beautiful and spacious. My husband and I have been there
three times and we would never stay anywhere else in the Kemah/Seabrook area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DJ_McKee_2004, Owner at Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We love to have return guests that enjoy our property and the proximity to the treasure trove of natural and man-made activities. We look forward to future visits from all our guests. Thank you for the opportunity to share our corner of paradise with you.
Best regards,
Munich
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Everything I'm about to write has already been written about this lovely B&B! From the spacious and lovely decorated rooms (I had the 'Captain's Quarter' with a view of the lake) and the extremely comfortable bed to the nicest host you could ever wish to meet, this really is a hidden gem! I'm usually visitng this area on business trips, working at NASA which is only a 5 minutes drive away, but at Delaina's place it's special. She makes me feel welcomed that I felt I'm leaving a friend behind when I left! And did I mention the amazing breakfast?
Really I recommend the place to anyone who wants to have a place near enough to the Space Center but wants to avoid the boring, often shabby chain hotel rooms alongside NASA Road 1. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Take one of the rooms with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DJ_McKee_2004, Owner at Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We welcome our corporate and business guests for short as well as long-term stays. We are ideally located near NASA, the Medical Center, Port of Houston Cruise Terminal and the Texas energy industry. We are happy to make this your home, away from home. Our rooms viewing Clear Lake are spacious and offer fantastic views of the water and yachts at play. I look forward to your next visit.
Inn the Spirit of Hospitality,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at Delaina's wonderful B&B and also at her self-contained cottage on 2 different occasions. Would definitely go back. Probably the nicest place to stay in this area. The B&B is right on the edge of Clear Lake with a huge pier for enjoying the water in a totally private setting. It is also close to bars, shops and restaurants. The B&B rooms are very well appointed and the cottages have everything you need for a self-catering stay. I hope I can stay here again next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: The B&B rooms are all good, some are amazing. Suggest you ask to find out which rooms are avail...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DJ_McKee_2004, Owner at Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your nice review of Beacon Hill B&B and the guest houses. We look forward to having you stay with us again, for a short-term or a long-term stay while visiting Bay Area Houston.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at Beacon Hill for a 3 day weekend. I booked the specific room I wanted on line, and received exactly what I expected - a great ground floor room with large open views of the pier and lake. We spent time on the pier watching the sunset and sipping wine. We capped the weekend with a great meal at the Italian restaurant a stone's throw away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DJ_McKee_2004, Owner at Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Being on Clear Lake, we have some stunning sun rises and sun sets year around. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and took in the natural beauty that surrounds Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast. The neighboring restaurants and pubs are a nice feature of the area, as they make it inviting to just spend a relaxing evening without having to drive. Thank you for the nice review and we do hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed in several B&Bs over the years. This was our first stay at Becon Hill but it will not be our last. A surprisingly relaxed setting right on a main road for easy access to everything. You can feel your blood pressure lower in the cool of the high celings and old oak floors. The view of Clear Lake out the back, with pelicans flying by was so inviting, we choose to take our evening snack out on the porch. Our room was on the ground floor with windows on the back so we were able to enjoy the view from our canopy bed. Our hostess/Owner quickly became a beloved friend and made us feel like royalty. She out did herself in the kitchen, preparing full breakfasts including fruit and sweets. She suggested wonderful places for us to try for dinner and even contacted a friend who shared my husband's interest in photographing birds. He shared some local favorite spots to go, making our trip a great success.
We highly recommend Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast for a real B & B experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was lovely having the two of you visit Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast for your 40th Anniversary. It is music to my ears to hear praises from our guests on how much they value the peace, quiet, natural setting and easy access of our paradise on Clear Lake. We serve up Southern Hospitality with a smile and are at the ready to point out places of interest. You can be as active or as laid back as you wish. Just let us know your preference. We're here to accommodate and want to top your list of fun places to visit. Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to serving you again, soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah

Been to Beacon Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!