“why do they build any other hotels”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Reviewed August 8, 2006

This place was absolutely wonderful. I booked my stay on [------] and got a pretty good rate and found the property to be well equipped with a lot of ammenities. We came down to go to Kemah and it was located 1.5 miles from the Kemah Boardwalk. The staff is one of the friendliest bunch of people we have ever encountered. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank bigjohn123456

Reviewed July 9, 2006

When I made the reservation for this place, I did so because of the reviews and rating was indicated on this website.

This place turned out to be TERRIBLE! I think the walls were constructed of wet tissue paper, as every time someone SLAMMED a door, the headboard shook. You could literally hear people's conversations as they walked down the halls. Functioning light bulbs in the fixtures would have been nice too.

The place was musty and damp and the hall carpets were dirty. The "continental breakfast" area had the ambiance and smell of an elementary school cafeteria. I couldn't even manage to get a cup of coffee out of the machine before I literally ran out the front door in the morning. (Did I mention they happened to book most of the rooms to some sort of little league baseball organization over the weekend, so there were HORDES of children running up and down the hallways, riding the elevators, slamming doors, and "warming" the pool?)

Couldn't wait to get home so I could take a shower and get some SLEEP!
I'd pass on this place if I were you!

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank CarryonBag78
Reviewed March 19, 2006

I recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Seabrook, TX and found it to be a great hotel for business travelers. I stayed in a deluxe King room that had a microwave, a refrigerator, a sitting area, and a large work station. The best part of the stay was the free high-speed internet access, which was invaluable to me. The room was very clean and the bathroom was quite nice (modern fixtures, granite counter tops and shower walls). The staff was very efficient and friendly. My only complaint is the noise factor. I could easily hear the people in the room above me. Also, my room was next to the stairwell....avoid these roms at all costs. The door to the stairwell was connected to the wall where my bed was located. Everytime someone opened the door to the stairwell it would slam shut and vibrate the wall and my bed. It sounded as if someone was running into the wall at full-speed! This was very annoying, especially at 3:00 in the morning! The only other minor complaint was the sterile lighting scheme. I believe that they were using energy-efficient light bulbs but these light bulbs gave off a fluorescent light that was not very welcoming.

I did not use the pool or take advantage of the free breakfast buffet. Although I did overhear other guests say that both the pool and the buffet were great.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank jjh2713
Reviewed July 27, 2005

This LaQuinta was absolutely an excellent choice for us.
We stayed here one night on our way to Galveston, from
the minute we walked into the hotel we were impressed.
The hotel staff was friendly, check in went smooth, the
hotel was very clean. Our room was imaculate, all the
furnishings looked new. We went down to the pool and
it was sparkling clean, a salt water pool, very nice.
My young son enjoyed it very much.
This hotel is also a short drive from the Kemah Boardwalk.
The only problem with this hotel was the parking lot is
alittle small. We went down to the Kemah Boardwalk and
returned after midnight to find there were no parking spots
left. But it was the beginning of the 4th of July weekend and
the hotel was full.
We would absolutely stay at this hotel again, it was also a
great value at 79.00 a night, if you are looking for a hotel
in the Kemah, Seabrook, Clear Lake area there is no
better choice. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank sunflowerangel
A TripAdvisor Member
Nederland, TX
Reviewed June 25, 2005

Very nice staff and room. Excellent breakfast and facilities. Convenient to Kemah Boardwalk. We would definitely stay here again. A++++++++++++++

• Stayed: June 2005
Reviewed April 19, 2005

Only nine months old when we stayed here in March 2005, and consequently very comfortable. Very good breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff. Away from the I-45 and all the noise and commerce that goes with it, but still with plenty of restaurants within easy reach. Only a couple of miles from Kemah Boardwalk, too. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
miami
Reviewed January 15, 2005

great hotel, brand new rooms, free access to internet with new computers next to lobby in quiet room, good breakfast with make-it-yourself fresh wafles, recommend highly

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
Hampton Inn Houston NASA-Johnson Space Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook? Share your experiences!