“July Vacation”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Garland, Texas
“July Vacation”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff at this hotel is amazing, especially Kyle at the front desk. He goes above and beyond to give great service. I't not the Ritz, but when you are traveling with kids and the breakfast is included..you save allot of money. The ladies that service the breakfast buffet each morning were wonderful to my grand kids as well as as all the other guests. No is not in their vocabulary.
Wonderful people!!

Room Tip: The are selling the managers suite if you are traveling with family, full kitchen with two bedrooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carolanne45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I write very few reviews but I thought that one was definitely warranted in this case. This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. READ ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM, IT"S RIDICULOUS!! I work for the State of Texas and travel to the Gulf Coast frequently. This place seemed adequate and was in an alright location. So I booked a room for July 10, 2013. Bad idea. It really started from the moment my co-worker and I checked in. The check-in took about 10-15 minutes, which doesn't seem long unless you are awkwardly standing face to face in front of a stranger who is obviously either new to the system or was just having a bad day-she was very sweet and nice but this usually takes no longer than five minutes. So I finally got the key card and went up to my room. As soon as I walked in I noticed a warm musty environment which is usually do to the ac being turned to fan only. I didnt think much of it because the room was surprisingly nice. I just turned the ac on and got dressed and went for a run. I came back an hour later to the room being exactly the same, THE AC WAS BROKEN. They kindly moved me to another room which is extremely inconvenient when you have unpacked everything but what could I do, I know they didnt do this on purpose. So the next room i went to was on a different floor with a different layout, not as nice, but the AC worked. I was watching a soccer game now on TV and just wanted to sit down for dinner in my room and watch the game. Well as i sat down to do this the CABLE BOX WENT OUT. To their credit, the girl working named "Adrianna" was very polite and helpful and tried to change the box out twice to no avail. She offered to move me again but by this time I was a bit frustrated and didn't want to pack and unpack my stuff again. Poor me had to use my tablet to watch a movie, lol. After I ate dinner and watched something on my tablet I jumped in the shower. Of course there was NO SHOWER CURTAIN. So i was seemingly huddled up in the corner of the shower trying not to create an ocean of water on the floor. Thank God that I had a WAKE UP CALL in the morning. WAIT!! They didn't send me a wake up call either. I know this sounds ridiculous but I swear this is all true. Adrianna said that she would speak with the manager in the morning and tell her about all the issues i had. So going to check out I spoke to the "supposed" manager and SHE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. She said she'd speak to the owner and get back to me, they never did. They did not offer a discount on my next stay or anything at all. I called the manager yesterday 3 TIMES, she was in the office I was told, and she has yet to return my call, more than 24 hours later. SO HERE IS THE BEST PART!! I WAS CHARGED TWICE!! THEY RAN MY CREDIT CARD TWICE!!! JEEZ!!! To add to the never ending list of problems they put the WRONG RECEIPT NAME on my check out slip that I didn't catch. This is a problem when you are trying to get reimbursed by your State agency. I was extremely disappointed with this La Quinta in Seabrook. Here's the kicker. I work for an agency with over a THOUSAND PEOPLE with locations in 8 areas throughout Texas, WE TRAVEL OFTEN as we do inspections on the Gulf Coast. Seabrook is a very popular area for us to stay at on our way to La Porte or Galveston, and even Houston. I can assure you that I will do everything I can to get this particularly La Quinta Inn OFF OF OUR "PREFERRED HOTEL LIST" that we use every time we travel. I will definitely suggest another hotel when I know someone is traveling to that area. I'd give it ZERO stars if I could.
Steve R.

Room Tip: Avoid this place. Poor attention to detail like cable, ac, shower curtains, wake up calls, etc.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve R
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Front desk staff and maid service were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was quiet and restaurants are nearby. Hotel is short drive from Kemah boardwalk. FYI...Wifi does not work near rooms next to the elevator. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We traveled to Galveston for an overnight fishing trip and LaQuinta Seabrook was the most affordable hotel in the area. The drive to the hotel was a little far from Galveston but it was worth it once we got to our room. We had a family suite and there was enough room for five people to sleep comfortably. We had an issue with the pullout sofa but the staff provided us with two rollaway beds instead. After a hot shower we all crashed out and everyone slept peacefully.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My first experience was over the phone. I called one morning to inquire about the rooms in order to plan for my stay. I was hastily greeted by a woman who rudely blurted out "La Quinta Inn." I began to ask about the details of the rooms but was interupted and told all the information I needed could be found on-line and was rushed off the phone. I ended up booking through a third party anyways for the better deal, but was still slightly put off by the attitude i recieved over the phone. I checked in after twelve at night and was suprised how nice the clerk was and suspected maybe the woman i had spoke to was in training or having a bad day. The next morning at breakfast there was a large crowd in the breakfast area and the young woman attendning to breakfast was all alone. I went to the front desk to ask for some assistance and was meet by the woman i had spoke with breifly on the phone. She told me she would be with me in a minute so i told her i would sit back down and wait for her. Ten minutes later i watched her go outside and take a smoke break out by the dumpster all while the poor woman making breakfast was busting her hump trying to serve 25 people. When she returned she attended to her son before i had to return to the front desk for help a second time. When i asked who the manager on duty was she promptly repsonded that she was. I gave up after that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bacliff, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was looking for a good hotel and found one, the rooms are clean neat and very well kept. Nothing seems out of place or damaged. The staff is friendly and courteous. I highly recommend if you need anything thing ask Kyle on the night shift, he is nothing short of helpful and he goes above and beyond.

Room Tip: If your checking in at night, Kyle will help you get the best value and service for you stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook? Share your experiences!