La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I Chose this hotel because it was a great location and a very good area and I have stayed with la Quinta before in the past. I checked in the morning near afternoon with a lady named Jaime. She was very rude and in a hurry with me. I thought it was very unprofessional that a screaming kid was behind the front desk and it was her son. When you come to work, wouldn't you not bring your screaming child plus be very pleasant to us hotel guests paying over a $100 a night. She is not attentive and seemed like I was not a priority to her. She seemed everything else around her was important. This is the first hotel I stayed at that I have ever seen this issue and I wish this problem will be taken care of because this is how you looker customers.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bossman210

Reviewed June 18, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Spent two nights at this La Quinta hotel...we were glad to leave!! For the nightly rate, I expected an above average hotel room but got a below average room with serious maintenance issues. First, the smoke detector when off in the middle night due to a bad battery. The maintenance personnel told us that they wait until this happens to the change the battery. Next, the wireless Wifi is almost non-existing. I had to use my phone's 4G hotspot to use my laptop. They do serve a hot breakfast if you get there in time to get some. Hotel staff was not quick to replenished the food when they ran out. The bath toilet leaked onto the floor and the bath light bulb keep flickering on and off. I can't recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This location had excellent rooms, cold climate and a well stocked breakfast bar till the very end. Great budget saver! My family enjoyed the clean pool, even with a large teenage softball grouo staying at the same time! Very friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Sherman, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Very clean and super friendly and helpful staff. Nice sized rooms and loved the tile extending in the entryway from the bathroom. Nice clean pool . Quiet environment. in a nice neighborhood.Will stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went 20+ miles out of our way to stay at this La Quinta because they offered an "apartment" with 2 rooms, 2 queen beds, a living room. I had reserved around 2 weeks in advance. When we got there, the lady at the front desk informed us that the room had become "unavailable" (all she could tell me) and they would put us in a different room. They did discount the room a bit, and it was still a very nice room. However, instead of a second queen bed, my kids had to sleep on a VERY uncomfortable pull out couch. They also had a problem getting us some fresh towels when we asked for them. I had asked for them at 3pm in the afternoon, but didn't actually get the towels until 10:30pm that night. Apparently they were all in the wash at the same time, or so I was told. The lady at the front desk suggested I call the general manager the next week (as she doesn't work on weekends apparently) and gave me her card. Starting the next Monday,I called for her for 5 days straight, as well as leaving messages for her to call me back. She was always "unavailable". I simply wanted to discuss why they did not call us to inform us that the room we had booked was not the one we were going to get.

One other problem was the breakfast. We stayed down in the breakfast area trying to eat for 45 minutes, and the whole time nobody refilled much of anything, including all of the drinks (water, orange juice, apple juice, etc.). Just empty pitchers sitting there. Very low selection of items with breakfast.

Not getting things exactly right is not the reason we won't be going back to this Hotel. It is the fact that the general manager is apparently not willing or available to speak to a customer about their concerns.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ScottLeeShelton
Kerrville, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Only thing I think that could have been better would be having the pool area open later. They were awesome in accommodating my dog. The hotel staff were friendly with her and that goes a long way in my book.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
Hampton Inn Houston NASA-Johnson Space Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook? Share your experiences!