“Awesome Pub and Restaurant!!!”

The Cock & Bull Pub and Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cock & Bull British Pub & Restaurant serves American Food and TRUE Brit Food every night of the week - Monday through Sunday! We have 18 Beers on Tap, plus a WIDE Selection of bottles. We have wide range of Wine Selections.The environment is fun and the Staff is very friendly. Great Place, Great Service, Great Food, Great Wines and Loads of Great Beers.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been wanting to visit this place since they opened and we were definitely not disappointed. I truly expected just a pub that served food. If you ever visited when it was Melly's Restaurant you will be surprised at the fabulous transformation. The bar area is awesome, if you just prefer to have a drink as well as their Library which is cozy. I wouldn't mind returning with friends for "girls night out". The food was delicious and the staff is attentive and courteous. My daughter ordered the Beef Wellington, the tenderloin melts in your mouth and served with tender veggies and mashed potatoes. My husband had the Fish and Chips with a side of peas. The fish arrived hot, crispy and golden, and was tender and yummy. I ordered the Lamb chops with a Guinness glaze served with potatoes and veggies to go along with my Guinness beer. I did comment I could have had more glaze which was delicious. Jeanette the owner came by our table and chatted with us. I did tell her we had been wanting to visit but had seen a few bad reviews, unfortunately disgruntled employees have a bad habit of hurting a business. Glad we decided to try it since we love to support the businesses in our neighborhood and told her we would definitely tell our friends in Taylor Lake Village. The beer and wine selection is extensive and she tries to stock boutique craft beers from the Houston area. We were here on Saturday night and the entertainment was excellent. This place has it all, a great place to hangout for a few drinks, bring a date for a romantic dinner, or special occasion or just to have dinner.. We definitely will return and make this one of our regular places to visit!!

1  Thank 13Dulu

Reviewed April 2, 2013

YUK, YUK, YUK - AWFUL EXPERIENCE - took my wife for her birthday and could not be more disappointed. We left our food on the table because we couldn't eat it. The staff was good and very understanding - but the owner was no where to be found to voice our concern over how bad the food was. I so wanted this evening to be special for my wife and it was everything but so - we sent our food back once - and when it returned - not any better so we just left -the wine was very over priced for what the quality was - we won't be back.

3  Thank vonmugs
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My friends and I have been coming to the Cock and Bull since they opened last year and were so excited that an upscale wine bar with great food had come to town. I hadn't been in lately so my husband and I went last week. WHAT A GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT !!! It was by far the worst food I have ever had in the area. When asked what had happened - we were informed the place had changed hands - well it is very obvious that who ever is running this place is going to run it into the ground. The couple behind us got up and left - leaving their food on the table. The people beside us sent their food back twice. At the prices that are being charged - one would expect at least food that could be eaten. We also did not eat our food as it was just awful.
We asked to see the owner who was not there so writing reviews is the best way to warn others not to spend their well earned money in this place. It also seems the crowd is changing to more of a beer bar crowd - loud and a bit rowdy - so no more is the nice upscale wine bistro with nice music.
My advice would be just serve peanuts and beer - and not try and steal people's money for what you try and call great food.
As to the service - they were all great and seemed really embarrassed to be serving such crap - but it was really out of their control since the owners were no where to be found.

Too bad new management couldn't follow the footsteps of the previous successes that were there when they opened. We won't be back and we are spreading the word to all of our friends not to be a patron of the Cock and Bull !!

3  Thank sunshinie
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Well if you live here or coming to visit the Cock And Bull is a must to come visit. The atmoshere is awsome,with a great staff who do make sure your entire experience is wonderfull. The food each and every time I have been there has been great, my favorite - Fish and Chips.My friends had a birthday party there in the Library room (30 of us) and had a great sampler of foods and drink. WOW the service was like they were just taking care of us even though the retaurant was full. I did run into a few more friends there and each one loved the COCK and BULL. I do believe since the change in management this will be the the #1 PUB in our entire community.
YOU MUST COME AND TRY the COCK and BULL
I do hope to see you there soon

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Sunday Brunch, about 1:30

Our very pleasant waitress Chastity explained she was new.
We ordered a pint of Guinness to start things off.

From the Sunday Brunch menu we chose the Traditional Fish & Chips with peas and the Chicken Tikka Masala with Jasmine Rice, Asparagus & Naan Bread.

Our order took a little longer than expected but we were in no hurry

The fish came out hot & crispy, very good, with a nice golden batter, the “chips” were a bit heavy and saturated but we were willing to chalk that off to Traditional.

The Chicken Tikka Masala arrived at our table with a nice presentation. I sampled the rice without sauce, it was good but next came the sauce, it was bland with an overwhelming lime/citrus that neutralized any hope of flavor that may have been. Moving on I tried the chicken, it was tough and rubbery I guessed microwaved ? The seared asparagus was limp and lifeless. The dish wasn’t working.

Chastity stopped by to ask how it was, (she may have noticed not much had moved on my plate) I politely said, “ not yet sure, but the Guinness is good !”
Shortly thereafter the Chef came to our table with attitude. I explained my take on the chicken along with the Masala sauce and withheld comment on the asparagus. He was adamant the chicken had not been microwaved but failed to explain why it was tough and rubbery. He offered no apology and was very defensive about this dish overall, saying he’s been serving it for over 6 months with no complaints.

I can only speak of my experience ...the food needs a lot of help.

3  Thank Tomsview