“Cock and Bull”

The Cock & Bull Pub and Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Cock & Bull British Pub & Restaurant serves American Food and TRUE Brit Food every night of the week - Monday through Sunday! We have 18 Beers on Tap, plus a WIDE Selection of bottles. We have wide range of Wine Selections.The environment is fun and the Staff is very friendly. Great Place, Great Service, Great Food, Great Wines and Loads of Great Beers.
“Cock and Bull”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hands down the nicest place in the Great Clear Lake. Had the privilege of stumbling in here one Friday night and was blown away with the array of great beer and wine selections. This was followed by some of the best lamb I have ever had, which I paired with a spanish ale brewed with rosemary honey. The bartender Mac may be the best I have ever seen knew pretty much everything about everything and was very well dressed! His attire and humor alone would have made my night. All in all check this place out especially on Friday nights.

Seabrook, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cock & Bull a much needed addition to Clear Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Absolutely love this place. I had been watching the progressions prior to opening where Melly's Seabrook once stood, and was finally able to visit shortly after they first opened. The first thing that struck me was walking into the great decor. Not at all what I expected. It's very nice inside, I was picturing a small dungy bar with a couple dart boards on the wall in the corner. I generally cringe when I visit a "Pub" for the first time. Not the case here. Very Clean, very nice, this isn't the owners first rodeo.

I was immediately greeted and joined the crowd at the bar. Huge 3 sided bar right as you walk in, separate dinning to the left, and a few booths around the bar to the right. Great crew hangs out there which really adds to the place. Within 5 minutes I knew most the names of the people sitting at the bar. They have a huge selection of craft brews and wines from all over the place and the staff aren't just there to pour. They know the beers/wine. I took the suggestion from the bartender and it was perfect.

The menu is not huge and they offer different specials and options throughout the week. The couple next to me was having fish n chips and were really bragging about it. I took their suggestion and received enough of a meal to serve 2 1/2 grown adults. I really enjoyed everything about this place, the decor, the food, the beer/wine selections, the staff and the crowd. It's the type of place where you'll end up opening and closing more than one tab cause everyone will talk you into staying for "just one more" as your on you way out. You'll gladly oblige.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TGibs0n
Hurricane, Utah
“THE COCK AND ROACH … er, COCK AND BULL … PUB, SEABROOK, TEXAS”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

OK, so we ate at the Cock and Bull pub in Seabrook, Texas, (8/17/12) because it was across the street from our hotel, and a couple of on-line reviews were fairly positive.

True, the dining room is nicely appointed in an eclectic style, sort of pub/bordello/granny’s attic’ish.

We were encouraged to select our own table, as the place was empty when we arrived just after opening. We choose a table at the front of the room abutting the raised stage (this place must have been a cabaret in a former life), and settled in.

About ten seconds later my wife spotted a roach trundling across the stage next to us, and called over the hostess/waitress for assistance. Kudos to the waitress for hustling across the room to grab a coaster with which she returned and dispatched the intruder. My wife supplied the Kleenex to remove the smear. Waitress and wife, 1. Roach, 0.

Now, on to the food. For appetizers, I ordered the chicken satay, and my wife had the dates in sherry. My satay was wonderful, even though the peanut sauce was crunchy (only a bit off putting), but nicely flavored with a bit of a hot pepper finish. Warm, but not severe. My wife’s dates were very good, but for her taste a bit too strong on the sherry.

The house salad arrived with a light sprinkling of a very minimalist dressing of olive oil and basil. It was very subtle. Almost absent. Borderline boring. Thank goodness for the salt shaker. The few pieces of diced tomato did add a splash of color.

We both ordered the fish and chips with peas (the peas being heralded as a special Cock and Bull innovation). Really, that’s a big deal?

Our entrées each came with two large pieces of cod, nicely breaded and fried to a perfect golden brown. Alongside came the customary malt vinegar, and a tartar sauce that fell a bit flat, lacking that “pickle relish” flavor we have become accustomed to whenever we ordered fish and chips in eateries around the world. Thank goodness for the salt shaker.

The portions were ample, so my wife could only finish one of the cod pieces (apologies to all informed readers).

We had no beer, wine or liquor with our meal, opting instead for the raspberry tea. The tea came in a can covered with graphics showing ‘60’s political slogans, from a company called Peace Tea. If you like your meal with a leftist lecture, you’ll love this tea. We eschewed the offer of dessert or coffee.

Debriefing afterwards we agreed that $75 (full tip included) for a meal for two (featuring the cheapest item on the much abbreviated menu) sans wine, beer, liquor, dessert or coffee was not a compelling value.

We’ll be back in the area on business in the future, but we won’t be returning to the Cock and Roach … er, Bull.

• Visited August 2012