“Great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Mill Bay, Canada
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My husband and I would stay here again if we were ever back in this area. The staff are so friendly and very helpful. Check in was a breeze and the handicapped room I booked was big and well appointed. The bed was so comfy I wanted to stay longer.

We were visiting San Antonio from Canada and wanted to go to the Space Center so decided to look up hotels within the area. After reading reviews about this hotel I booked it for 2 nights and I was not disappointed. It is close to the Space Center and only 25 miles from Galveston so well within driving distance for a side trip.

The lady, I am sorry I have forgotten her name, that looks after the breakfast area was a wealth of information on things to see and do. Very friendly and very helpful. All of the staff get gold stars.

Room Tip: They have wheelchair accessible rooms that are very spacious.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Hotels in the US can be a bit of a sanitary experience (My family and I are from Australia) - the general feeling I get from many places is that the staff have to process so many people that they become glazed over and robotic when they deal with you. But not here. The staff were helpful with lots of little things - getting towels for the pool (and the kids were so thankful they had a pool!), getting disposable cutlery for the microwave meals we chose to eat one night, and providing what we thought was a very well stocked breakfast buffet. I was expecting to be processed, but instead I felt like I was treated over and above the expected level of service. We were there with children to experience both the Johnson Space Center Visitor Centre and Kehma Boardwalk, and this was just about the best location you could find for both. We only stayed two nights, but I'd have gladly stayed a lot more. The only down side was a noisy and somewhat recalcitrant air conditioner that made sleeping a bit of a challenge.

Room Tip: Room views make no real difference. We chose a Lake view through a closed window, thinking it would...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Was recovering from food poisoning by the time we checked into this hotel. Robert was at the front desk and checked us in. This is how a professional should act, polite, to the point, friendly, and wanted to know how he could make us the most comfortable. My wife went out to get some dinner and medicine and he made sure she knew directions then gave her one of his cards in case she needed to call if she got turned around while out. Thanks guys for ending a rough day with a smile! The bed here was probably the most comfortable on i have been in. Very nice stay and beautiful view of the harbor area as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2011

NASA Parkway AKA NASA Road One has to be the most confusing road I have ever been on. It alternates names every block, plus the numbers start over again so it gets very confusing. We did several U turns and got very frustrated, once we called the hotel to see where we had gone wrong we were actually just a couple of blocks from the hotel. Fortunately the hotel itself was very nice and the desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. Hampton Inns have become my favourite affordable chain and now seem to have properties close to everywhere. This hotel didn't disappoint except it was much farther from NASA than I had assumed and the fitness room was poorly equipped and tiny. I ended up going for a walk as the fitness room was giving me claustrophobia and the TV was awful. The room was great and although we didn't use the pool. the children that were using it seemed to really enjoy the water spurts. Great hotel, just don't get frustrated finding it...turn left out of the Johnson Space Centre and keep driving for miles until you get to Seabrooke. The hotel is on the left hand side. If you drive into the bay, you went about a mile too far.

Room Tip: NASA Road One/NASA Parkway is very confusing
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
fort worth
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We've most recently discovered Hampton Inns on our travels to Colorado - finding these new, clean Hampton Inns along the way and so as we planned our trip to Houston - we looked them up as well. This is the perfect family spot for those visiting Kemah Boardwalk and Nasa Space Center. It was so convenient to both. And the place was very clean and the staff - very friendly! They make popcorn in the lobby, large variety on the breakfast buffet -which they change up every day, too. Highly recommend for families

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank northtexasfamily
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Our rooms at this hotel were great -- and the staff was very accommodating. We had rooms with adjoining doors because my daughter and grandchildren were also there, and we liked being so close to each other. We were there for my daughter's wedding in Kemah, so we stayed at this hotel two nights. Everything was clean and we had no problems. The breakfast was fine, and the breakfast area is very nice. We had many friends and relatives who also stayed here when we did, and I did not hear one complaint from any of them. Also, we had a rehearsal dinner at this Hampton Inn, and since we had reserved quite a few rooms for our wedding guests, there was no charge for the room that they let us use. They had the room fixed up with the tables where we wanted them, with tablecoths, etc., so all we had to do was bring in food and have our dinner. It worked out great. I highly recommend this hotel. It was very close to the Boardwalk in Kemah, plus I'm sure the space center is very close, too, even though we didn't get to go on a tour there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Great hotel. Clean. Front desk very, very friendly & helpful. Clean rooms & pool. Price not bad. Breakfast always hot, with good variety. Only downside...no wireless in rooms...only wired internet, but was told that wireless in all rooms will be coming soon.

• Stayed June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)

Been to Hampton Inn Houston NASA-Johnson Space Center? Share your experiences!