“Excellent affordable accommodations with family/friends”

Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Longview, TX
“Excellent affordable accommodations with family/friends”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Service: Friendly, speedy.
Room: Roomy, clean. Had fridge/mw which we always need. Bathroom in great shape.
Location & amenities: Location is perfect since it's near a run we participate in each year, but more out of the way if you're not interested in visiting Kemah or NASA. Had a van with very courteous, friendly driver who would drop off/pick up hotel guests at our event. Breakfast items were available late for those returning from the run. Only thing we missed was a classic movie channel on TV but that was small compared to all the positive points of the hotel.
Liked best: Cleanliness (very important to us) and friendliness, complimentary breakfast.
Liked least: Actually, everything was fine. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I recently traveled with my two children, ages three and seven, to this hotel to visit the Kemah Boardwalk, Moody Gardens in Galveston, the Houston Children's Museum in downtown Houston, and the Houston Rodeo. This hotel is in a great location for getting to all of these places with easy access to I-45. Because it was still too cold for outdoor swimming, we really enjoyed the indoor pool. The day manager, Debbie, and all of her staff were very friendly and courteous to us. Our room was very clean and comfortable and included a refrigerator and microwave. Each morning the hotel offers a self-serve breakfast with great choices from homemade waffles, to eggs, to cereals. Excellent coffee, juices, and milk are also served. We had a great time and would definitely stay here again when in the Kemah area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
LA
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My husband and I were wanting to spend a weekend in Kemah but all hotels were booked up so we found this one and thought it was a good choice. It was close to Kemah Boardwalk which was a plus..The staff was pretty friendly...BUT our room had such this horrible odor! We didn't think much of it...we figured for the price we paid it wasn't that bad...WELL we obviously got bedbugs from this place!!! Two days after we left I started breaking out with a rash and come to find out it's BEDBUGS!! I am 8 months pregnant having to try to get these bites to go away and not to mention having to try to get them out of our house!!! NOT fun! VERY frustrating!! I would NEVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ash1218
College Station
Reviewed March 23, 2009

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night. The hotel is about 2 miles from Kemah. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff was friendly. We didn't use the pool because it closed at 10:00 pm and we weren't back from Kemah in time. The breakfast consisted of waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs and fruit. It was okay but not what I would consider a full breakfast as described on the hotel website. Overall though, the hotel was very good and I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
MO
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I enjoyed a 3 night stay at the Seabrook Comfort Inn and Suites. This hotel is incredibly clean. The bed was very comfortable, and all linens appeared to be new. The safe in the room is nice, I prefer that over one at the front desk. The staff was very courteous and efficient.
The only things I would suggest would be to improve their breakfast and their TV reception. With that said, those 2 points are minor and I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and plan to do so again in the near future.

• Liked — It was very clean
  • Disliked — Mediocre breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
PHX
Reviewed February 29, 2008

These turkeys are comical in their incompetence.

I booked in on a rainy night and there was no internet in the room. This was not mentioned on my booking in. I needed to work and so asked the desk why the internet was down and when it was expected to be up. A reasonable request I thought. I was told they didn't know anything about it. I called the internet provider and discovered they had an outage in the area and service was expected to be restored in 2 hours.

I also asked for a room away from the elevator and ice machine and was assured this room was a good distance from such. It was in fact 10 feet from the elevator, a distance any decent Texan can spit. The ice machine was so close and so loud I could hear it with the room door closed. I asked to be moved and was told there were no other rooms available. There were 3 cars in the car park that evening and three when I awoke in the morning.

The funniest thing was a call I received at 9 p.m. from the front desk. "Stop smoking," I was told. I was taken aback and asked why I was being told to stop smoking. I was told, "This is a non smoking hotel and someone is smoking on the 3rd floor. " I asked why they didn't get off their backsides and come and smell for themselves instead of phoning and accusing non smokers.

I complained to Choice Hotels about this hotel and their customer service department assured me I would receive and apology from the hotel management. More than a month later, I am still waiting.

• Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank WorstWestern
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for a couple days in November. I had to go for work so I just booked a cheaper hotel in the area and truly didn't expect much. These types of hotels are often hit or miss, but I knew I'd be working all day and just going there to sleep.

The hotel was a pleasant surprise. Location was good, only a couple of miles from the Kemah boardwalk where I hung out in the evenings. The Aquarium is a good restaurant, my personal favorite is Pappadeaux for seafood...one of the best restaurants in Texas. It's also close to Johnson Space Center. It's maybe a 30-minute drive or so to downtown Houston.

The rooms were spacious and extremely comfortable. Very nice beds and clean, well-kept bathroom. I actually got a little welcome gift with some candy and granola bars...very nice! It seemed really new and the facilities were good (laundry, huge pool, workout room). The breakfast the next morning is nothing spectacular, some egg/cheese biscuits, cereal, muffins and fruit but it was perfect for a light eater. The staff was very nice and friendly. I would stay there again if going to the area.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank bice710
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah? Share your experiences!