Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
$110
$60
$75
$67
All reviewscruise terminalkemah boardwalkgas stationpancake machinehard boiled eggsthese folksnext morningplace to stayroom was clean and comfortablefront desk personthe staff was greateasy accessthe johnson space centeryogurtshort drivehouston areashuttle
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We picked this hotel due to its location between the Bayport Cruise Terminal and NASA's Johnson Space Center/Space Center Houston. The free shuttle service was great and worth the slightly extra cost versus other hotels (or renting a car). See CAUTION below regarding depending on the shuttle van.

The hotel is relatively new and looks and feels it. We enjoyed our stay - our first-floor room was clean, comfortable, and quite sizeable. Don't expect much of a view - the whole Seabrook area is flat and surrounded by refineries. Ours was the parking lot anyway. But you wouldn't be here for the views anyway!

Front end manager and shuttle driver were spectacularly friendly and helpful!

Breakfast was simple, hot and delicious. There were the normal express options: scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage/bacon, cereals, yogurt, waffle maker, juices, bread, fruit, etc.

We loved that there's a well-endowed mini mart gas station right next door! Subway (sandwiches), too.

CAUTION: This hotel is popular with passengers boarding and disembarking through the nearby Bayport Cruise Terminal. Ship delays can lock the free shuttle van down for a few hours as the horde of passengers leave and return at the same time (cruise ships are usually in port on weekends). This happened to us causing us to pay for a one-way taxi back to the hotel from Space Center Houston. It wasn't the hotel's fault that the ship was badly delayed so we were NOT mad at them... just bummed to be out $22 for a short taxi ride.

Initially, total price (all-in w/ taxes) was $240 for 2 nights but deals on Orbitz eventually dropped that down to $190 for the same. So keep your eyes peeled for deals even after making your reservation.

Shuttle service WON'T transfer you to IAH airport - it's way too far (about 45 minute drive) so you'll have to make transfer arrangements yourself. (We used Super Shuttle and were pleased.)

Found out there's an Enterprise Rent-a-Car nearby in case you're so inclined.

If we cruised through Bayport/Seabrook again (now that's an entirely different story!!), we'd definitely consider staying here again.

Enjoy!

P.S. If you're visiting Space Center Houston, sign up for the Level9 Tour!!! (Advanced reservations are required.)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PuuKaua
Comfort S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank You for giving us a great review! We take great pride in providing excellent customer service to our guests. I apologize that there was a wait time with the shuttle service and we are working to improve on this.

We look forward to seeing you again and making you feel as if we are your home away from home!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here a day before our Princess Cruise and were looking for a hotel where we could leave our vehicle parked. The port is only minutes away and the hotel offered a free shuttle to and from this port. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and felt welcomed by the staff. Kemah is a short drive, maybe 3-4 miles away where there are many entertainment and eating establishments. The room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good and fresh with coffee and juices also available. We booked a 10:30am shuttle to the port which was right on time. The only problem we had (and I realize this service has just started) is that upon our return from our cruise, we waited for 45 minutes for our shuttle to pick us up. We called the hotel a couple of times and were told that it was on the way. After patiently waiting another 15 minutes, we decided to take a cab back to the hotel ($9 fare). This is a great place to stay and will stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is pretty isolated and is very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that the shuttle service took too long in picking you up. I am reviewing this with the staff so that we may better accommodate in the future. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Daisy

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We arrived after nearly 20 hours of travel to be told our cruise was delayed 24 hours! The next AM the hotel was notified the ship would get to port despite the inclement weather so we are still waiting to find out when we will go but in the meantime the people here have bee AMAZING! So kind, concerned, patient and they even let us stay in our room until we can go! They have offered to help in any way and have. Besides all that our room is great - bed, pillows all comfy, clean and new. Itsreally near the ship port too and they'll shuttle us there So glad we discovered Comfort Suites on Bayport Blvd THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: Going on Houston cruise? Stay here!!!!!

Dear Jamaica Jan,

We are so pleased that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. We understand how frustrating it can be with the ship delays so we do our best to make sure you are taken care of while you wait!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I am staying at this hotel for what I thought would be 1 night pre-cruise. The ship is delayed 24 hrs so it is now 2 nights. The service, especially by Melody, has been flawless. I don't know when she sleeps. Breakfast was ready and re-filled constantly. When we arrived she let me know Princess had called and the cruise was delayed. When I got the email that it would not leave until Sunday, she was efficient in making sure I had another night and that I would not have to change rooms. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Good light blocking drapes. The first night was great. Now just need to get the ship here and my complimentary shuttle to the port. Spotlessly clean. Huge walk in shower which I like. Not sure if this is in all rooms or not. I would stay here again without question.

Dear Stella,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Suites Seabrook
281-291-9090

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We needed a place to stay and park our car during a 7 night Carribean cruise. After reading some reviews I called the hotel directly. Vera was quite accommodating and I was able to book a one night handicap accessible room with parking/shuttle package. Parking isn't free, but since my wife and I are both handicapped (she in a wheelchair and I use a cane) it is more convenient than parking at the cruise terminal. I was also able to pre-schedule an 11:30AM shuttle time when I booked the room.

Upon arrival and check-in porter Juan took our bags to our large room with two VERY comfortable queen beds, equipped with TV, microwave, coffee pot and lots of coffee, mini fridge, desk with office chair, and a large couch with coffee table.

The only problem we had was the TV did not work. However, ten minutes after a call to the front desk we had a working TV and watching Dr. Phil!!

After a GOOD nights rest, at 8:45AM we went down for their free hot breakfast, consisting of a mini buffet of scrambled eggs, sausage links, self-cooked waffles, plus all the coffee, juices, cold milk and water, fresh fruit, bread, muffins, cereal, yogurt, etc one could want.

Now we are back in our comfortable room waiting on our shuttle time. Unless there is a problem with that, I won't post anything further.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to book the room/parking/shuttle package. Be sure to reserve your shuttle time when you book to assure the time you want. Don't wait until you check in. 281.291.9090
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Good Morning txpillman,

Thank you from all of us here at Comfort Suites Seabrook! It is my goal to ensure each guest is treated like family and I am glad we met your expectations. We hope to see you again on future visits!

Comfort Suites Seabrook