“American Food in Schulenburg, Texas”
Review of Frank's Restaurant

Frank's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Schulenburg
Cuisines: American, German
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I read all the reviews on this restaurant so my Husband and I took a guest there while in Schulenburg. I will have to say that the people employed here are the friendliest people on earth. So incredibly nice but I think the food is what people would read this review for. I ordered salmon and it came to the table uncooked, very slimy and clear inside. I sent it back and they were gracious about replacing it. Our guest ordered the highly recommended fried chicken and it was burned and over cooked so bad, she could hardly get her fork in it to get to the chicken below the crunchy part. My Husband had the chicken fried steak and he couldn't cut it, it was so overcooked. This is a cute place, highly visited and very popular. Go for the neat gift shop, the family feel, the nice people and the ambience, not the food.

2  Thank TREVI36

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Glad we didn't read the review before going for dinner there. Service was great and so was the food. The prices were a bit high for this retired couple & we were about to panic when our waitress told us we could have either the beef tips or German sausage on the lunch menu. I like beef tips & he likes German sausage & it was prices better for us at $9 each. Oh my goodness...both were great. The only thing wrong was too much food! Will definitely stop again.

2  Thank Shtrbug1
Reviewed April 12, 2013

PROS:
Our server, Marie, was friendly and attentive.
Cole slaw was pretty good +/- 7
The place is clean.
Gravy on c.f. steak was good.

CONS:
Chicken fried steak was very tough and breading fell off wih each sawing action.
Enchilada plate was bland and maybe a +/- 5.

We will try a different place next time.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

It is well worth the stop for coffee and fresh made cinnamon breads, or pastries any day. Family atmosphere restaurant with a nice gift shop to pick up some extras for the road trip.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were on a overnight road trip and decided upon Frank's for breakfast mostly based on it's longevity / history.
By the looks a place like Frank's a person might think that the breakfast would be great............ they'd be wrong.
I ordered scrambled eggs and pancakes. The eggs consistency were a little strange, sort of creamy like they cooked them with whipping or sour cream. The pancakes had a odd flavor similar to vanilla but my wife said it tasted like something else.
My daughter's cheese omelette was exactly that, a huge slab of cheese wrapped in a very think surrounding egg with the cheese not being melted.
We should have asked for our money back but we are not the make a scene types.
Service was good but that was about it. They need to address their breakfast cooking.