“Skip This Place”

Add it.
PADDY'S Texas Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stopped here in December on our way to Houston. Got off the interstate to get a bite to eat. We were going to Whataburger but my husband wanted to try the BBQ so we went to Paddy's. I went to the restroom when we went in and that gave me my first clue. That had some kind of Rube Goldberg setup with a bucket feeding water into the toilet and the room was none too clean, to say the least. I would've walked out after that, but my husband was already at the counter ordering. He had the sausage sandwich, cole slaw and fries. I had the brisket sandwich and fries. I took the first bite of my sandwich and had a mouth full of fat - ugh!! I took the half sandwich apart and picked some of the fat off, then decided to skip the meat and I had a few fries instead. My husband ate all of his and half my sandwich as well. After reaching Houston that evening, my husband spent the entire night in the bathroom and all the next day as well. He is not sure it was from the food he had here, but I have no doubt that's what it was. I would never go into this place even if nothing else for miles was open. The place needs a good scrubbing and overhaul.