Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites
$114
$69
Hotel Texas(Hallettsville)
$76
Hampton Inn La Grange(La Grange)(Great Value!)
$141
Cottonwood Inn(La Grange)
Agoda.com
All reviewspainted churcheshouston and san antoniobest westernsroom was cleanfree breakfast isplace to stayvery nice stayhot tubexcellent hotelfront desk staffnice breakfasteasy accessstayed one nighttexasgravystopovermotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Schulenberg as lodging for work. Our work group stayed Monday through Friday in the quaint little town that includes quite a few little attractions off the beaten path. The hotel is located right off I-10 pretty much half way between San Antonio and Houston.
The rooms were comfortable, quiet, and contained everything needed for a long stay. Breakfast isn't served until 6AM, but the lady that prepares the food provided, started early and had everything ready for us to eat and enjoy each morning before we started work at 6AM. Our work group consisted of a dozen hungry men and we left each morning with full stomaches! The breakfast offerings are well worth the stay!
The front desk staff was curtious and welcomed us each evening when we returned from a twelve hour day.
The rooms were clean, beds were extremely comfortable and well stocked with all the needed towels, pillows and toiletries.
Whether for vacation, work, or just rest, this hotel is one of the best!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
44611, General Manager at Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience with us, and here on Trip Advisors. So many people using this channel for travel suggestions that its so helpful to get great reviews. I'm glad that we were able to get breakfast out early for you. Providing GREAT Service is what we are here for. We hope that if you're ever in our area again... You'll definitely be able to stay with us.

Wishing you Safe and Happy travels... Always.

Jackie Morehead - Property Manager

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The only down side is you have to figure out how to get into the hotel parking lot from the gas station next door or the frontage road.
The staff was very friendly. I requested a room on a low floor in my profile. I was given a ground floor room! I didn't have to drag my stuff to the elevator, and the room was in a quiet location. The room was immaculately clean. The free breakfast buffet offered fresh fruit, cereals (hot and cold), waffles, bagels, etc. It was all fresh. No day-old donuts or pastries. A very nice, but small, dining area off the lobby. I plan to return at least once a month.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
44611, General Manager at Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hi Bonnie. Thank you for your recent review shared on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with our hotel and my staff. We do try to meet every guest's reservation requests when possible because we do understand that they are important to you. We love our breakfast too and we are always trying new things in hopes of giving it variety and most important always keeping it FRESH. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Safe and Happy Travel wishes,

Jackie Morehead
(General Manager)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This lodging was very clean and comfortable, with attentive and pleasant welcome. Room was great, bed comfortable. The breakfast attendant offered me breakfast even though I was down to the room a bit after it closed. Very courteous.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
44611, General Manager at Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your stay at my Best Western Plus in Schulenburg, Texas. I know the staff will be so proud to know they hit their mark. We hope that you'll have a chance to come visit us again. Happy Travels... and Thank you again.

Jackie Morehead

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was as good of a breakfast as I have ever eaten at a hotel. The scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, etc... were excellent. The rooms had extra towels, blanket, pillow, and anything one could want without having to hunt it down. Everything was extremely clean and sparkling, this is how you should run them all. The only negative was the 20,000 points but if all the points this high were this good a quality I could live with that too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the positive comments regarding your stay at my Best Western Plus in Schulenburg, Texas. I am so glad that your stay was a GREAT one and that you were able to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We're very proud of our breakfast too and we certainly hope that ourcontinued efforts will help us rise in popularity. Corporate business does dictate the rate in our area and sometimes it is a bit of a burden to a leisure traveler but we are hopeful that we can qualify discounts like AAA and AARP when they are available.
Wishing you Safe and Happy travels... Always.

Jackie Morehead - Property Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is an A-1 property! A bit expensive for someone traveling on a budget. Local dining is good and varied. (Tablet) Not much more to say, need 200 characters... New property, has not developed any bad habits.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at my Best Western Plus in Schulenburg, Texas. I am so pleased to hear that your stay was a good one. Our staff is always training and implementing new processes to excel in the deliverance of Guest SERVICE and I know they will appreciate your positive feedback. We love our breakfast here too and it is important for us to keep it updated on items and equally important ALWAYS FRESH.
Wishing you many Safe and Happy Travels. -Jackie Morehead (General Manager)