Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$70
$69
Hotels.com
Hotel Texas(Hallettsville)
$76
Hampton Inn La Grange(La Grange)(Great Value!)
$141
HotelQuickly
All reviewspainted churcheshouston and san antoniobest westernsroom was cleanfree breakfast isplace to stayvery nice stayhot tubexcellent hotelfront desk staffnice breakfasteasy accessstayed one nighttexasgravystopovermotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here at the end of March 2011. It's a newer Best Western, pretty nice and they have free Wi-Fi. The room was clean (although the decor is odd at best) and the English speaking staff was friendly. So were the non-English speaking housekeeping staff--but we just couldn't understand each other! They would always eagerly run off to find someone who could speak English, so that was nice.

The breakfast serving area was a bit small. We were staying for the nearby Round Top Antiques Show, as were a few other people, but there seemed to be some other event in the area. Everyone seemed to hit breakfast at the same time, so it made it difficult to get to the food. It was nothing to write home about, but it was free (and plentiful), so I really shouldn't complain.

Schulenburg is a pretty small town with not much going on in regards to food. I was a little disappointed since my last experience in the area was in Bastrop, which had plentiful food options. But the town shouldn't reflect on the hotel, which boasts easy access to the highways, etc. Our goal was to be close to the antique-ing action, so we accomplished that admirably, in a good hotel to boot. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank oldhousejunkie
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We typically stay at smaller, independent properties, but since we were in town at the same time as the Texas Independence Relay, the selections were few and far between. Since my parents often stay at Best Western in Schulenburg and enjoy it, we thought we'd give it a go. I booked online and there was only a handicapped room available, and booked it. Just before we arrived, I checked again and saw that there were other rooms available.

We checked in and I asked if we could have another room since it appeared there were openings. I was quickly brushed of by the front desk clerk and given the key to our room, which was the first room next to the lobby where breakfast was served - meaning all those runners staying in the area woke us up at about 5am!

Since we had a handicapped room, there was no bathtub, more of a wet-room. The floor was really slippery and I almost fell a few times in the bathroom.

Every other employee we came into contact with (aside from the front desk clerk) was really nice and helpful. The woman attending the breakfast area was really on top of everything and kept the area clean and well stocked with fresh eggs and sausages. We also had a really nice chat with one of the maintenance workers who was very cheerful and took the time to ask about our visit.

Overall, the property is nice and comfy. I'm sure the problems we had were more linked to the crowded hotels and the events in the area. We would likely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
44611, General Manager at Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am glad that overall you found your time with us pleasant. I do apologize for the front desk clerk's non response during check-in and will use your input to help us further improve. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Hubby and I were going to be out and would need a hotel in the area for one night. Checked TripAdvisor (of course!) and you didn't steer me wrong. Pleasant staff, clean hotel, good location, quiet rooms. I was surprised to hear the people next door when I walked out of my room. I heard absolutely nothing through the walls. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
44611, General Manager at Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

Thank You so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your time out visiting our area as well. We welcome you back anytime so that we may get a chance to get to know you better. Again, thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.com.

Best Western Plus Schulenburg

Reviewed April 5, 2011

My sister and I stayed here one night on our way to Houston from El Paso. Oh boy, it had been a long day's drive but we hadn't seen any place along I-10 before we hit Schulenburg that we felt comfortable staying in (we started looking just past San Antonio). We weren't sure about this bright yellow Best Western, having had disappointing experiences with other Best Westerns, but it turned out to be wonderful. First of all, the place is immaculate. Outside was clean, the lobby area, elevator area, laundry room, our room, etc.--everything was spanking clean and beautifully appointed. The room was very comfortable and best of all it had very good lighting throughout, something we have learned not to expect even in high-end hotel rooms anymore. We did not have breakfast there the next morning so I can't comment on that but the eating area looked quite nice. It was good value for the price. We would definitely stay here again. There was a bit of a wait to book the room when we arrived because the desk clerk seemed to have some complicated person on the other end of the phone trying to book, and the phone did ring again, but I don't know how you can get around that, and the clerk was quite pleasant, did not sound/act irritated or rattled. I would say on our ten-day trip around TX it was the best hotel we stayed in; I could not find anything at all to complain about, and I am a picky guest.

• Stayed: March 2011

We are overjoyed at the pleasant time we were able to help provide for you and welcome you back any opportunity you may have to visit our area.

Best Western Plus Schulenburg

Reviewed November 26, 2010

We stayed here over Thanksgiving holiday, we arrived one day early and were charged diffrent rate then online rate, We have stayed here before and were never charged for our pet before, but when she noticed our 10 pound pup she stated there would be a $20 per day charge. tried to discuss that we were unaware of pet fee, she responded rudly Its on our website!. there was no trying to discuss further as we were tired from our long road trip and every response from her was condisending and rude. We also witnessed Marissa treating front desk clerk in a very rude and condisending way. I will never stay here again! Untill Best Western owner replaces Marissa with older more experienced manager that has customer service ability.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple