“Small town diner with a full parking lot = good sign.”
Review of Old West Cafe

Old West Cafe
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Sanger
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to Dallas and stopped here for lunch. The place looked like it had been around forever but their website states that they opened in 1997! It was busy. The food was good.

My wife got their “Sam Bass” which is a country fried steak sandwich with onion rings and Coke. I had country fried steak, mashed potatoes, brocolli, iced tea. ($26.00). We got there at 1:15 and the place was scheduled to close at 2:00 but people were coming in right up to closing time and got seated.

There are newer reviews for Old West Cafe

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I really enjoyed having breakfast here with my wife and a dear friend. This place has embraced the new technology of our modern era. Orders were taken on a phone and we got our food very quickly. I ordered a blueberry pancake with one scrambled egg and bacon. My pancake was so big
it barely fid in the plate. The coffee was very good. Our waitress kept giving us refills. She was very polite and courteous. My wife ordered a poach egg with oatmeal and raisins and she had a fruit bowl. My dear friend ordered a spinach, mushroom omelet which she said was delicious. It was a nice little drive to this small Texas town. Old West in Sanger does make you go back in time. A very nice experience. Give them a try. Who knows maybe you to will go back in time.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited this small town while birding at nearby State Park. We did not expect to find good food nearby. This restaurant was packed and for good reason. First, all of the items we ordered were prepared with very fresh and high quality items. Example, the salad which came as one of my two vegetable choices was very fresh with a nice mixture of greens, generous mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers and cheese. I ordered my pork chop with no seasoning and rec'd it as ordered. My husband's chicken quesadilla was rounded out by generous vegetable additions. The servings were generous. We noted some patrons enjoying large breakfast servings. Our only surprise was received when asking to add a tip to our credit card charge that the tips were limited to pre-selected choices 20%, 25%, and 30%. Fortunately our server was excellent and these choices worked for us. While this is a small out-of-the way restaurant it is worth a visit if passing through this area of North Texas.