“Small town experience”
Review of Burnham Lodging

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Saba
Burnham Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in San Saba
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed several days while exploring the area to enjoy the wildflowers and Bend State Park. The rooms are new spaces built within old storefronts in downtown San Saba. As a previous reviewer noted the rooms don't have windows and there is no ice machine. But what it does have are very nice, spotless rooms that are furnished with antiques, a common kitchen area and a location that is outstanding. (right across from the courthouse.)

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank rarobbins
There are newer reviews for Burnham Lodging

Reviewed May 13, 2011

We love to stay at Burnham Lodging because it's right in the heart of town. The rooms are neat and clean and the coffee service in the common area is always ready to go. Walking around the square early mornings is fantastic! Woudn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank petlover59
Reviewed January 5, 2011

This place us really cool! Right in the heart of town. You can walk to the shops. Watching the people and cars go by was my favorite part. Really nice place for this small town!

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Titleist1977
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I have stayed in San Saba many times and Burnham's Lodging is by far the best!! The decor is tasteful, comfortable, charming and very clean. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! You can walk right out of the place and be in the town square! For a weekend getaway to relax and enjoy the San Saba River Golf Course, Pecan Orchards, and small town living this is the right choice!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank longhorn007
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Pros:
Clean Building & Room
Comfortable Bed
Great Water Pressure & Plenty of Hot Water
Nice Young Lady that checked me in
Plenty of Parking

The main problem that I had with the room is that it had no windows. I admit I can be a little claustrophobic and this certainly brought it out! When the door was shut, the room was dim and seemed like a box. I was scheduled to stay two nights (I had booked because of the positive reviews), but left after the first night. I could not stand to think about another night with no window - pitch black!!

My room also had a funny smell.... The rest of the building did not have the smell and the room looked spotless, so I don't know what it was???

I really wanted to love the place, but just couldn't...

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank bandit
Reviewed July 25, 2008

San Saba, Texas, is a pleasant small town in central Texas and also "Pecan Capital of the World." In the main square of San Saba you will find, among the retail establishments, about 1/3 of a city-block devoted to this downtown block of rooms (I suppose it's a hotel or motel, but it's not really in that category---"rooms for rent" might be the best way to describe it) for rent called Burnham's Lodging. There is an attractive lobby on the corner, with rooms in back and communal kitchens. Each room is very much like a master bedroom in a recent housing development, nothing fancy but very tastefully done and clean and properly furnished. The hallway looks out upon the main street of town, which would not work in a major city but is perfect in such a lazy small town, and there are nice sitting areas in the lobby and a quiet back porch that is wonderful to enjoy as the sun goes down. It's kind of like a B&B minus the food, but then with a cost of only $60 for a king-bed room, I had enough $$$$ left over to buy a fine breakfast at Ma and Pa's Cafe west of town (also highly recommended). My wife and I wanted privacy and certainly got it, yet a staff member was available when I needed her. Overall, Burnham's Lodging was a very pleasant surprise, and we'll definitely be staying there again when we are in the San Saba area again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank django
Reviewed February 28, 2008

Found this hotel by pure accident, but what a delightful place. It is a refurbished, downtown location with very few rooms. But the rooms are nice sized, with hardwood floors and a great bathroom! They have a small room near the front office that has a microwave, a full size fridge, full sized coffee maker and lots of dishes, cups, glasses, etc. for you to use. We got a pizza from Rick's (highly recommend them also!!), brought it back to the room and enjoyed the evening. Oh, and they have wireless internet also. The courthouse is across the street from the hotel, so for breakfast we got some sweetrolls from the nearby bakery and sat on a parkbench, ate breakfast and watched the cars and squirrels go by. It was great to slow down and enjoy the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank lakepark

Been to Burnham Lodging? Share your experiences!