“Room was okay, beds are terrible!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Texas City, Texas
“Room was okay, beds are terrible!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room was fairly clean, except for mysterious carpet stains. I am not sure how thoroughly they clean the room though, since I found a previous occupant's shot records on the sink counter! We reserved online, non smoking, 2 queen beds. The beds in the room were full size, not queen. Could not switch because front desk said they were full up, but it wasn't. Beds were saggy and uncomfortable, but clean. Not the hotel's fault, (except for the fact that they rented to them) but while staying there two different VERY drunk parties came roaring into the parking lot and hit parked cars. It seems like it may be a college party place....we had a hard time sleeping worrying that our vehicle was next to be smashed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Our room was cleaner and better maintained than the room we had the night before that cost twice as much. The bathroom was very fresh... The counter and sink looked new. We stayed on a Sun. night and it was very quiet. Everything worked. The breakfast was just sweet rolls and cereal, but for the price of the room that was okay. I do like waffles that most places have now.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Beds are hard as a rock, had kids running on the upper baloney tell 2am and front desk was called 4 times and did nothing about it. Breakfast sucks!! The door was broken and when shut did not lock. Everything was dirty!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
North Central Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Awful. Dirty shower, crickets in the room, barely adequate desk service, had to change rooms because door would not lock. I'm not a particularly picky traveller, but take it from me--don't stay here.

Room Tip: "Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room" Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank P T
Mission, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I booked this hotel for 1 night through hotwire. I have pretty good experience with Hotwire 2-2.5 stars. This definitely was not up to its rating. The reception area is filthy. The staff who checked us in appears unprofessional with dirty "hotel logo" shirt. I had no choice for that night since all nearby hotels are booked. After seeing the inside of the room with cockroaches on the sink, dirty bathroom, "used" bed linens. I just had to leave and forfeit the amount I paid for this Hotwire hotel. It was about 12 midnight and our family decided to drive 45 minutes to look for a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PalanggaTexas
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2011

we booked this hotel because everything else was full, it was not bad, it looked like it needed a good amount of repair, but the rooms were clean, the pool was nice, was a fair price, the beds were pretty hard and uncofortable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I never actually stayed the night here but when I cancelled my room they still charged me and would not give my money back. The first person I talked to had extremely good customer service but when he transfered me to the manager (who was not really a manager) they told me I was a liar and would not return the money then hung up on me while I was talking. I will never go to another rodeway again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family