“Should be shut down...”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The room was filthy. Took pictures of dirt & bugs in bathroom, drawers of dresser,corners of entire area. Paid outrageous $$ for somewhere we had to sleep on towels instead of linens.
Are there no standards for this property?
Very unhappy.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lynne047

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Free room with points. GF and I visited back June to got Luling watermelon festival. This place is not fancy by no means but shower frig and bed were fine for 1 or 2-3 nights. We stayed 1 night and was fine with this place. It location is ideal and again not a romantic getaway for sure but u need couple nights stay to c other attractions and staying in motel isn't ur thing this place will work for u. The AC was best part it was 102 out but AC gets super cold and made for a great night sleep. Also there r stores and sports bar within walking distance. So no raddissen but not bad at all for few nights. I would recommend for business or quick getaway but not romantic nor for long stay!!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed one night in this hotel while the wife and I were taking our granddaughter to an area attraction. Had checked Tripadvisor first and most reviews were favorable. The check in went fine and we got the type of room I had requested. Room smelled very good. It is dated but they have upgraded the bath area a little. Not fancy at all but everything looked clean and worked.. Did not use the pool but it looked fine and others were using it. I had a street side room but traffic noise was not really a problem. Air conditioner worked very well and outside temps were close to 100 that day and our room faced west. Beds were ok. Only two pillows per queen bed but we had two beds so plenty for us. Did us the fridge and it worked fine. I would probalby not want to bring someone here for a romantic getaway, but for a couple of nites for a family outing, it was fine. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast as there was a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop right across the parking lot from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Econo Lodge obviously has no standard that must be met to put their name on a hotel. This place was a dump. I got put into an extended stay room and the stove was rusted and nasty and there was even an empty french fry container behind the nightstand. I asked for a blanket and was given two mattress covers because that was all they had. I requested a hair dryer and was given one that did not work. Another guest was in the lobby and gave me the one they had but the motor was loose and fell out. I moved to another room the next day and there was blood on the door and the deadbolt would not latch. If this place had not already been paid by someone else I would have never stayed here. I can sum up my stay in one word......GROSS!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fixerupper
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family stayed here in July 2012, I did like hotel services, wonderful helpful staff. Our room was cold and we will be staying here again. Location was close to everything we had to go for vacation, malls

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 23, 2012

On a long motorcycle ride to the coast, and this was as far as we got before it got dark, so we pulled in for some z's and grub. There is a restaurant right next to it with a "sports bar" atmosphere and a great bar. The pool was cold for May, but you get what you pay for. There seemed to be quite a few residents, so not much privacy, but it was clean and nice enough for a cheap night's stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed at the Econo Lodge in San Marcos, TX this November on a family vacation and let me tell you we were pleasantly surprised. Clean & comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Continental breakfast was adequate with juice, coffee and pastries. Affordable rates. Very nice for the price! We had a great night sleep and next day enjoyed the day relaxing and basking in the malls. We needed more towels and easily and quickly received them. We can say we enjoyed our 2 days in San Marcos and with the tight economy got the BEST bang for our buck. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family