“Not bad for a quick visit”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
houston, tx
“Not bad for a quick visit”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed one night in this hotel while the wife and I were taking our granddaughter to an area attraction. Had checked Tripadvisor first and most reviews were favorable. The check in went fine and we got the type of room I had requested. Room smelled very good. It is dated but they have upgraded the bath area a little. Not fancy at all but everything looked clean and worked.. Did not use the pool but it looked fine and others were using it. I had a street side room but traffic noise was not really a problem. Air conditioner worked very well and outside temps were close to 100 that day and our room faced west. Beds were ok. Only two pillows per queen bed but we had two beds so plenty for us. Did us the fridge and it worked fine. I would probalby not want to bring someone here for a romantic getaway, but for a couple of nites for a family outing, it was fine. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast as there was a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop right across the parking lot from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Econo Lodge obviously has no standard that must be met to put their name on a hotel. This place was a dump. I got put into an extended stay room and the stove was rusted and nasty and there was even an empty french fry container behind the nightstand. I asked for a blanket and was given two mattress covers because that was all they had. I requested a hair dryer and was given one that did not work. Another guest was in the lobby and gave me the one they had but the motor was loose and fell out. I moved to another room the next day and there was blood on the door and the deadbolt would not latch. If this place had not already been paid by someone else I would have never stayed here. I can sum up my stay in one word......GROSS!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fixerupper

Travelers are raving about these San Marcos hotels

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family stayed here in July 2012, I did like hotel services, wonderful helpful staff. Our room was cold and we will be staying here again. Location was close to everything we had to go for vacation, malls

• Stayed July 2012
Coweta, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 23, 2012

On a long motorcycle ride to the coast, and this was as far as we got before it got dark, so we pulled in for some z's and grub. There is a restaurant right next to it with a "sports bar" atmosphere and a great bar. The pool was cold for May, but you get what you pay for. There seemed to be quite a few residents, so not much privacy, but it was clean and nice enough for a cheap night's stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed at the Econo Lodge in San Marcos, TX this November on a family vacation and let me tell you we were pleasantly surprised. Clean & comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Continental breakfast was adequate with juice, coffee and pastries. Affordable rates. Very nice for the price! We had a great night sleep and next day enjoyed the day relaxing and basking in the malls. We needed more towels and easily and quickly received them. We can say we enjoyed our 2 days in San Marcos and with the tight economy got the BEST bang for our buck. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
austin tx
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The place looks great...from the outside. The pool was filthy, I had to clean it myself. The room was ok except for the bugs. There were flies and mosquitoes in the room. The so called breakfast was cold pastries and the worst juice/coffee we have ever had. They let the people that just checked in stay at the pool well past 11pm. The pool closing time is 10p and we were in the room next to it. It was outrageous. This was awful. spend more money and stay somewhere nicer!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank badfishlove
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I booked online and was quoted a certain price. When we arrived, the clerk insisted the price was higher than that and that we already got a ten dollar discount. For a $115.00 this is the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. (It was more like a fifty dollar deal).
The furniture was broken; the carpet was dirty; shower head leaked and tub was dirty.
There was evidence of roaches. The AC rattled all night; the continental breakfast was not available during the hours stated. Paint on ceiling was coming off because of leaking shower head. The manager told us we were getting a good deal. I have traveled all over the world for the last 40 years, and I have NEVER complained about a placed I have stayed in until now.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family