“Not a safe motel if with family”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
“Not a safe motel if with family”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Econolodge motel in san marcos off hey 35. I rent motel weekly and I had family
My wife. I had 3 calls asked about my wife they wanna talk to my wife. Front desk transfer the call
We had very hard time that night.
I would like to tell you guys please don't rent motel if you have family with you

No wonder why they have cheap price in prime location. Its better to spent little bit extra money as for as its safe.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank kapal31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Plymouth, WI
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This was easily the worst place that my wife and I have stayed. The location is handy right off of Hwy 35. There is a noisy bar right next door that you can hear in many of the rooms. The young man that checked us in had his headphones on when we walked in. I think he turned off his music, but never took the headphones off (not very professional).

The room was in the back of the building next to the parking lot of the noisy bar. We heard cars beeping their horns and revving up their engines until the early hours of the morning. The interior of the entrance door was filthy with fingerprints. It was fairly cool out so we turned the heat on, we realized late that night that the heater stopped working. The next morning the shower had absolutely no hot water. We reported the heat and water issues to the young lady at check out. She was friendly and apologized. The check out process went smoothly.

We definately will not stay here again.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Golfwis

Travelers are raving about these San Marcos hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My room was very clean and price was decent compare to some hotels down the road. Internet work great and I will come back to this hotel again when I m in San Marcos
Staff very helpful

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Arlington, TX
Reviewed October 25, 2010

If all you are looking for is a place to hang your hat for a night, this place is acceptable. Our room was clean but there isn't much else to say about it. You can only enter the upstairs via the back of the hotel which is kind of scary at night because it isn't well lit and there is a lot of traffic from the restaurant next door that shares the same parking areas.

We were just in town to shop the outlet malls and needed an affordable place to stay for one night, next time, I will spend less on shopping and more on a hotel.

While they say they offer free breakfast, all I saw was coffee and danish type rolls that looked like they came from Sam's.

Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Bella54Arlington_TX
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2010

It was not so much the experience (blood on the sheets, missing a fitted sheet on one bed, missing the blanket on the other with the blood on the sheets and a dirty shower) it was how rude the managers were after the fact. They offered me a free stay but I dont think that is going to happen! Thanks but no thanks. I would stay away from this place the so called Manager Richard is useless and not a lot of help he may be a nice guy but as far as business man not someone I would want running my company

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank uicexgym
Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We checked in about 8:30 - had reserved online... needed to deliver daughter to TSU... There was lukewarm (at best) water in the shower.... called & complained to the office & the response was there were alot of people who had checked in & it was probably just "running low" & since the hotel was full, no chance to change rooms but figured that any other room wouldn't have hot water either.... The other complaint.... the pillows were about 2 inches high.... very old.... I will say the place appeared to be clean but that's about the only compliment... I complained again when checking out the next morning & staff was polite & apologized... Also complained to the main website & received an apology letter from the manager but that didn't help much with the $90 I spent for a cold shower & lousy sleep..... Won't stay here again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PugsTexas
Mexico city
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Econo Lodge Motel is very near to Outlet Malls of San Marcos, my rooms were clean and we like their bedding and carpet. Bathroom was clean and staff members very very helpful. We stayed their 5 nights and liked it very much.
My children had a nice time in hotel swimming pool, it was clean and hotel is just couple of miles from San Marcos malls. Front desk gave me discounted coupons and brochers for the malls and it saved us lot of money.
My family will come back to this hotel again and we'll tell everyone in my family in Mexico.
Good Food places nearby walking distance.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family