“Delicioso”

Los Cucos Mexican Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
“Delicioso”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Our family of 8 decided to try Los Cucos on our last trip to San Marcos. We were very pleased. This is a first--everyone loved what they ordered. The fish "gallitos" was spectacular. The chile relleno was great. Our server was very attentive and the food came quickly. We would definitely eat there again.

“Never again”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

It took forever to get our order taken. I had an infant so time was critical. It took almost 2 hours to get our food, and by then the baby had awaken. We were going to try to eat but our orders were all wrong. We got up to leave and complained to the manager but he could care less. Even though we did not eat anything other than queso, he made us pay 22. We will never go here again. I will stick with the one in humble.

San Marcos, TX
“Are you kidding me?”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband, daughter and I eat here regularly. The margaritas are GREAT! The food is I mean SO much better than Mamacitas. I can't stand Mamacitas. Give this place a shot. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 95% of the time, the service we receive is anywhere from just fine to great. We've been going to Los Cucos for the past 5 or 6 years and we very often go back. We used to go about once a week, but I gained a little weight and now we go probably once every two months. Still very good though.

• Visited June 2011
“Wow”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

This place is horrible food sucked and so did the service

San Marcos, TX
“Can you say "RIP OFF"?? Corporate doesn't care”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Prior to writing this review, I attempted to contact corporate for Los Cucos. They could care less about what an EX customer has to say as they haven't called or emailed a response.

I have provided my patronage at this restaurant for 4 years, bringing out of town guests, as well.

My last visit this month was extremely disappointing. All they have is 3 types of house wine at $7 per glass (the manager agreed to serve a chardonnay for $4 when I complained but it was only a 1/2 pour). I asked for sliced fresh jalepenos with my meal, and was charged $1.59 for 8 little slices. WHAT A RIP OFF!! Corporate is greedy and obviously does not care about repeat business. Herbert's, Garcia's and Mamacitas are MUCH better choices for Mexican food.
ADIOS Los Cucos!!