“Best burger in town!”

Centerpoint Station
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in San Marcos
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This place is crowded and you are sure to have to stand in line. However, for me it was worth the wait. My burger and flings (a mix of fries and onion rings) was fresh, hot and scrumptious. It is a bit pricey, but I will visit there next time I pass through San Marcos.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our 6 year old granddaughter loved having her 1st grape soda w/ice cream. We all got burgers and loved them. I got mine on the jalepeno bread and it was yummy. The fried pickles were are least favorite they were spears and we tend to like the chip ones.The onion rings were plentiful and crisp but the FF were the best! Wished we had saved room for dessert but we did buy fudge to go. Picked up a unique pair of Yellow Box sandals for a great price. The only thing that would have made this a better find was to have a frosty cold one w/ my burger!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Burgers were overcooked,fries were burnt,texas toast on some of our orders was stale.....2 restrooms in the restaurant.....old building without the charm..chicken salad was very good..I don't know how this place survives...

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Left San Antone and headed no. on I35 and saw this big ole outlet mall on the right hand side so we got off. Well, needed a restroom first so went to the west side of the highway under the overpass and there was a real interesting building with signs to just draw you in. So glad we did. They had Kolaches! homemade and warm. Immediately bought two Ham and swiss kolaches and saw some excellant looking burgers being served behind us at the tables. We are going to have to have one of those I said. My wife got the lidies avocado jack burger and I went for the jalapeno cheese burger and they came on fresh baked buns! Throw in a chocolate malt and we had found a real gem of a place. Paid and went out to the real nice quality gift shop and wandered for about 20 minutes. This is a great experience midway or so tween Austin and San Antone. Good air conditioning too.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Centerpoint Station, just across the highway from the San Marcos outlet malls, is my newest favorite stop on Interstate 35! It’s a quirky combination of malt shop, boutique, bakery, museum of Americana, and home style restaurant that claims to serve the Best Burgers in Texas. I don’t know that I’d go that far, but the Avocado Jack Burger I tucked into was pretty darned tasty. I swallowed my Big Guy Pride and ordered the quarter-pound “ladies version” with a side of (really good) onion rings, and was very glad I opted for the (relatively) smaller portion. (The “normal” order is a half-pound burger!) I also ordered fried pickles and was surprised (and dismayed) that they dipped and fried pickle spears, not slices. (I had not noticed that the menu does indicate they are spears.) The result was a bit mushy and really only tasted of warm pickles.

Our group’s order included a variety of burgers, since that was the claim to fame. All were grilled to perfection and served with crispy toppings, melty cheeses and freshly baked buns. We tried desperately to save room for desert but only managed a taste of the San Marcos River Mud; chocolate sheet cake (though more like a brownie) topped with vanilla ice cream. It was good, but nobody was upset that they hadn’t really saved room for it.

The floats, on the other hand, were totally worth it. Coming in off the highway and sitting down with a Creamscicle Float is heavenly. You could opt for a traditional root beer float, the Black Cow, get crazy with a Purple Cow trading in the root beer for grape soda, or try any of a half-dozen other flavors, all made with Texas’ own Blue Bell Ice Cream. Centerpoint Station is also said to be home to the best malts on I-35, which we did not put to the test, and their bakery had an impressive display of kolaches, cupcakes, and wonderful smelling pecan cinnamon rolls.

Centerpoint Station was recommended by a family member who lives in the area, and is now someplace we’ll be recommending to everyone headed in that direction!

1  Thank RobZonie