“A Hill Country Jewel”
Review of Crystal River Inn

Crystal River Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 San Marcos B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Such an awesome place. Everyone was accomodating and friendly. The breakfast was absolutely amazing! The garden was lovely and we were able to sit outside and enjoy our coffee in the mornings with friends. We were here as part of a college reunion weekend. We ALL agreed we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We were here for a reunion so every room was booked by someone in our group. I made it a point to vi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Crystal River Inn

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the crystal rivers b&b for a weekend for my uncles wedding and it was dreamy, picture perfect. I highly suggest this bed and breakfast. The food is great, the staff are super friendly and respectful. And the wedding spot is beautiful, I give this b&b a 10/10

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a shame - were really looking forward to a 2 night break here. Stayed in Pedernales Room in St.Thomas House next door - the room was hot and stuffy - unable to open windows - looked as though they had been stuck for years - room needed a lot of tlc. The en suite needed a good clean. Very little sleep obtained because of the trains and road traffic. DO NOT stay in this room if you want a peaceful night. However - 2 positives. Location - ideal for restaurants and cafes and lovely breakfasts.

3  Thank lynager
Reviewed October 18, 2013

From the moment we booked our room to checking out the staff was friendly, warm, and helpful. The room was pleasantly decorated and the bed was very comfortable. I sometimes have trouble sleeping away from home but not at the Crystal River Inn. The location was so convenient to restuarants and shops and activities. The breakfast was delicious and the conversation with staff and other patrons stimulating. We enjoyed the gardens and fish pond. Thank you for a lovely place to have a lovely time in San Marcos.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had stayed there for our anniversary over the weekend and booked a massage through the B&B. The room was ok, the bathroom tub had mold on the grout as well as the shower curtain. The white towels were stained, with what, I'm not sure. The grounds were average. The staff was nice, I wouldn't say they went above and beyond to ask if anything was needed or how our stay was. The breakfast was the best part of the stay.

The massage is NOT WORTH IT. $80 for an hour massage, I would expect a relaxing atmosphere. Its in the house next door, where people were walking back and forth talking loud, even tried to open the door or the room we were in. I have had plenty of massages and this by far was on the bottom of my favorites. The massage therapist is sweet as can be, but I was not relaxed after the massage due to the lack of calming ambiance.

We will not be returning. This was not "home away from home", or "quaint with a ton of charm and a lot of flair" as some others have stated in their reviews.

Again, very disappointed.

5  Thank Maya T
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Amazing! Kathy and her crew catered to our every need. Our entire family came down and spent 2 nights at this Bed and Breakfast. The rooms are comfortable and clean. All the staff is friendly and welcoming - you feel as if you're home. Not only was this a great place to stay as a Bed and Breakfast, but the venue for my sister-in-law's wedding was beautiful. Quite and tucked away in the heart of downtown San Marcos, but you feel worlds away from anything else because of the sprawling landscape. Kathy was amazing - like an extended part of the family. This is one of the best places to go for Bed and Breakfast as well as wedding venue!

Room Tip: Get the San Miguel Room! I was amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I booked the Colorado room at the Crystal River Inn in San Marcos, Texas, when we went to visit our granddaughter. The pictures on their site do not show the bar that sits beside their property. "Please feel free to call the police" was the way the manager suggested I handle any noise problems when I expressed concern after she showed me the room and the bar next door. Double-paned windows are a nice thought but they don't keep out the noise. They also put a noise-reduction machine in the room which I didn't use because I don't like them. What I would have appreciated is being told before I booked a room for which I paid over $130 a night (total $299 with tax) that there IS (not could be) a problem with an adjacent bar. I could hear people yelling until 2 am. That should be on their website with all their garden photos. It is too late to change your mind when you get there. The tacky room décor with "rope" curtains to create a 4 poster bed look only worried me that it could be a fire hazard, especially after I had trouble turning on the bed lamp and found the cord plugged into a cheap extension cord lying on the extra rope on the floor.
Our car was vandalized during the night and our passenger rear view mirror was taken off our car so if you still decide to book a room, do not park your car on the street.

Room Tip: Do NOT book the Colorado room. They need to take it off their site.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family