“Classic San Marcos!”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Sugar Land, Texas
“Classic San Marcos!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Picked my niece up from her dorm and she suggested we eat lunch at the River Grill because she said the food and atmosphere relaxed my brother after being caught in college town traffic! We sat outside on the porch and watched the kayakers practice (yes, it's December) and frisbee's go back and forth. I had a difficult time orderering, but we both settled on the cheeseburger - hers plain and mine with the works plus bacon and jalapenos. Delicious! The service was excellent and friendly - priced a little high, but the burger was huge and came with a choice of several different sides. so maybe not too bad - probably not on my niece's college student budget, which is why she always suggests it when someone comes to visit, and I won't hesitate to take her back!

• Visited December 2012

Plano, Texas, United States
“Great location! Great food!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I wish this place was around when I went to school there!! The location was right on the river next to a great swimming area. We sat on the patio with the best view. Our waitress was attentive & friendly. I had the spinach salad with chili rubbed salmon, vinagrette dressing. It was delicious. My husband had some kind of crusted chicken which was also very good. The menu was diverse with every palate to please. The price was reasonable. When I go back I will go here every time!!!

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
“Bad service and the food was not good.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

There was a group of us that ate at this establishment yesterday (a Sunday) around 4 pm. I do not know if they were unprepared, understaffed, or unaware of what they were doing (college was about a week from starting back up in San Marcos), but there were many people at the River Pub for a 4 pm on a Sunday. It took well over a half hour to be seated and they basically forgot about us. When we went to ask about the status of our table, the hostess was like "oh, um, yeah, I was just about to call you". At which point she takes us into a room with MANY totally empty tables as well as several groups of people already seated that arrived after us. Our waiter seemed to be spread too thin. We had to ask for more water or tea, our check, etc (rather than him offering). Worse, my food was awful. It tasted literally like someone dumped salt all over it. Now, I don't know what the deal was because I have been at this place before and it wasn't near as bad and have ordered the same thing and it didn't taste horrible. I won't be going back again. There are many other places to eat in San Marcos.

• Visited August 2012
San Marcos, Texas
“River View”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

It's a great place to sit by the river if you drink beer nice view. Mix drinks and food not that great. So basically you pay to drink beer and great river view.

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
“Over Priced”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The food is average and over priced. Even the river view doesn't make up for the pricing.
A 2 oz piece of OLD DRY chocolate cake $6.00!
Parking must be a problem as there are PARK HERE BE TOWED signs everywhere. Certainly not inviting to customers.
Overall, the place is on the dumpy side and I do hope their kitchen is cleaner than their seating area.

• Visited August 2012