“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
United States
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. It was rated as the cleanest one within our budget. When I called to book the hotel I was offered the Manager's Special (10% off). We stayed one night. The lady at check-in was very welcoming. Our room was clean, however the blow dryer mount refused to stay on the wall in the bathroom. We all enjoyed Texas-shaped waffles for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Michelle T
Mike P, General Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Michelle T,

Thank you very much for writing about your stay and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Our goal is to make our guest's stay pleasant and comfortable. I am sorry about the blow dryer on the wall, I will make sure that it is fixed. Thank you once again. Hope you to see you again when you are in town.

Thanks

Mike Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great deal for the money - very pleasant and helpful staff. Nice coffee/tea bar in the lobby where we are told we can even get hot water at late hours. We enjoyed a good night's rest - expected noise from busy I-35, but were not in the least bothered by any. Suggestion for where to have dinner were right on - thanks Best Western San Marcos

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Guenther P
Dear Guenther P,

Thank you for taking time to write review on tripadvisor, we really appreciate it. We strive to give our guests most comfortable stay and I am glad we were able to do it. We hope to see you again when you are in San Marcos.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Comfortable and clean resulted in good night's sleep. Hotel is located near the San Marcos Shopping Mall and about 45 mins from Austin. We would stay at this hotel in the future and would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CrackerCat
Mike P, General Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear CrackerCat,

Thank you for taking time to share about your experience. We really appreciate it. We love to hear from our guests on how we are doing as it gives opportunity to improve in all our aspect. I am glad that we had a comfortable stay and will come back to stay with us. Please give us a call if you need any further assistance with your reservation.

Wills Point, TX
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as we were going to an air show in the area. We just wanted a place to stay for one night and the Best Western was as good as any other in the area. Our room was older and needed updating but was clean. The bed was comfortable. The included breakfast was just ok. But I guess we got what we paid for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear LindaPWillsPoint,

Thank you for taking time to write review on your stay at our property recently. Your feedback is very important to us so we can improve. If there is anything we can improve and make it special for please let us know as we want our guest to have comfortable and enjoyable stay.

If you are in San Marcos again in future, please do not hesitate to call hotel for reservation or any assistance you may need.

Once again thank you very much!

Edgewood, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels to stay at while in San Marcos, TX. I'm here on business and can spend much more via my business, but I prefer to stay here. The bed is more comfortable than other places I have stayed, and the staff is much more professional than other similar hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike P, General Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Mike M,

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us. We are very glad to know that you enjoy staying at our property. Our goal is make each guest's stay comfortable and enjoyable and make them feel at home. I would definitely pass your compliments to my staff. Thank you once again and hope to see you again soon.

Mission
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My mostly comfortable room was marred by a hot-water leakey faucet. However, the general manager went out of his way to see that it was taken care of and fixed. He quickly called a technician to fix a leak, but when the tech couldn't do the job the general manager himself came to our room to fix the lead.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike P, General Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Ctjbush,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us despite the leakage.

Hope to see you again in San Marcos!

Miles, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

THE staff is phenonmenal, everything is clean and fresh, ask anyone for information and it's given in less than 2 seconds. However, the ONLY downfall to this hotel, other than not having a hot tub, is that their WI-FI is horrific!!!!!! I was in a room right next to the office and I still could not email or build the presentation I was supposed to do. WI-FI was the ONE & ONLY downfall to my stay there!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Mikel P,

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay in our hotel. I apologize for the internet problem you encountered during our stay. I will definitely look into it and work on it. Also, thank you for complimenting on our staff, it is always our goal to provide superior customer service and I am glad my staff was able to do it.

We look forward to seeing you again.