“Great Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stay in hotels 4 or 5 days a week. The staff at this Best Western is awesome. Rooms and bathrooms very clean. They seem to go out of their way to mke our home away from home more enjoyable. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DAC61
Sean44427, Front Office Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at our property!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 512 754 7557.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand!

There are newer reviews for Best Western San Marcos

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here because rates were $50 cheaper than in New Breunfals - we were spending our days at the Schlitterbahn.

A nice family operated place. The owner was very friendly. The room was clean and had good air conditioning. Had older TV no LCD but we didnt even turn on the TV. Fridge in room was a plus. I liked that they used green toilet paper (recycled content), lo flow shower head and lo flo toilet. Beds were good. Breakfast was free. Pool looked clean and nice - didnt have time to use it. Would stay here again. Free Wifi was fast.

There was a discrepancy I noted in the bathroom; the toilet water line was taken from the line feeding the fuacet. Seems like the toilets line was broken as it was capped off.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot. The rear rooms face telephone poles and ugly backyards.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ViDD

Thank you your recent stay at our property!

Reviewed July 26, 2011

The title pretty well sums it up. We stopped in San Marcos last year and stayed here as well. And were happy with the motel. This trip we were driving back from Corpus, needed to stop, the motel was full but the manager found us a cancellation. Cordial front desk and good breakfast, the generic BW complimentary breakfast, complete with Texas shaped waffles and brewed coffee, not the instant stuff. Will stay there when in San Marcos.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LCClower

Thank you!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I placed my online reservation three weeks prior to our stay at bestwestern.com and immediately received an email confirmation for check-in on 7/22. At 9 am on 7/22, I received another email confirmation for our check-in that evening. When we arrived at the Best Western at 5:30 that evening, we gave the manager our confirmation number, and he proceeded to tell me that my reservation was not until Saturday, 7/23. As I tried to explain my email confirmations, he cut me off an said no, I am not on his list until tomorrow. I said ok, then just get us a room right now. He told me had no rooms available and that everyone in town was sold out. Again, I told him that was not my problem and that I had my confirmed reservation. The manager continued to cut me off and tell me "I don't care what your email says, you do not have a reservation until tomorrow.". When I asked what he would do to compensate us since we now had to find a new place to stay, he said he couldn't do anything. All the while, he had a smile on his face. I called customer service, who was wonderful and very helpful given the circumstances, and they said that finding a place to stay was first priority and that their policy states that if they cannot fulfill my reservation then the hotel will pay for my first night's stay elsewhere. When I informed the manager of this policy, he smiled at me and said "No, I will not pay for your stay elsewhere." He was an absolute jerk, was rude and disrespectful, and was the poorest representation I've ever seen for a hotel. Mike Patel, General Manager at Best Western in San Marcos should be fired and never allowed to oversee any level of customer service. We instead found a room at Comfort Inn and Suites and Best Western customer service is sending us a reimbursement check. NEVER will I recommend this location to anyone. Worst experience EVER!! I will be submitting a complaint letter to the company regarding Mr. Patel's behavior. It was absolutely embarrassing for Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Kiramudd

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 15% discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 512 754 7557.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

About 7-10 days after we got home, we noticed bed bugs had infiltrated our home. We looked up how long they take to mature and, sure enough, it was 7-14 days. So, now, we get to pay for extermination and possibly new mattresses after having recently purchased them. Absolutely one of the worst experiences of my life. I will never stay at a Best Western ever again. Granted, it looked clean, but obviously they can't hire a competent cleaning staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

In the eight years that I've been in the hotel business, I've never had a complaint about bedbugs. We spray on a very regular basis and frequently check our rooms. Bedbugs can come from anywhere and are not a sign of cleanliness or lack of cleanliness. They travel around by hitching rides on shoes, luggage or other items and can be picked up virtually anywhere. I assure you our hotel does not have bedbugs.

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Very friendly staff, and the room was clean. Even though ist´s right next to the freeway, we didn´t hear it. We had a room to the back, and it was quiet. It´s a great location to go shopping, or to explore the surrounding towns like New Braunfells.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Sean44427, Front Office Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a response on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experiance for each of our guests. Again, thanks for taking the time and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Buggy and old
In hindsight, we should have stayed at the newer Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn
We had earwigs and crickets in our room. We informed the owner who shrugged us off mid way through our remarks with an "I know" response.
No soft pillows in the room
Older CRT-style television
Older Best Western
Meager breakfast and cheap coffee.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Manibhai P, Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2017

We thank you for submitting your review. We value all responses as we use them to help us provide superior service for you and future guests. We do hope we will be seeing you again soon.