We had a horrible experience at this property. I had reserved a room for myself, my wife, and my 16 month old daughter. Upon entry into the room (room 320) we immediately noticed obvious semen stains on the couch. Shortly thereafter, we noticed more obvious semen stains on the wall in the ‘bedroom’ portion of the room. Front desk staff was summoned to the room and, like us, were in shock as to the disgusting nature of the problem. They offered to try to clean the stains / cover them up but were unable to offer another room due to full occupancy. There was no way I was going to allow my 16 month old to walk around in such a room (mind now being focused on what was not visible) and I was not interested in driving around San Marcos seeking alternative accommodations. I elected to receive a refund for my room and proceeded to drive 3.5 hours back home to Fort Worth, TX.
Before I go any further, I would like to complement the two young front desk ladies with whom I dealt with. They were very nice and genuinely concerned for our plight. That said, the hotel, let me and my family down - - in the worst possible way - - when we were tired at the end of a long day.
Of course, we wrote the company to express our displeasure with our experience. Unfortunately, they only saw fit to send us a generic form letter that didn't even address our specific complaint. There was no compelling offer to have us re-try their hotel chain and they may rest assured that I will NEVER stay at another Choice (the parent company) hotel ever again.
I was also disappointed to see that the ‘suites’ at this Comfort Suites were not suites at all - - but rather conventional hotel rooms with a small, hip level divider between the ‘bedroom’ and the ‘living room.’ We had sought out Comfort Suites because of our past stays at other locations had convinced us that there was value in having a wall / door between the living space and the bedroom as that was especially helpful with a baby that goes to bed early each night. This was interpreted by us as ‘bait and switch’ and as a real degradation of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites in San Marcos is easily accessible to all area attractions including Texas State University, Outlet shopping, Wonderworld and within a short drive of Schitterbahn & Austin as well. The hotel offers interior corridors, elevator, pool, business center, exercise room, and a wonderful free hot breakfast with rotating menu. We hope to be of service to you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Near Texas State University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites San Marcos Hotel San Marcos
- San Marcos Comfort Suites