“Worst hotel experience ever !”

Comfort Suites Near Texas State University
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Fort Worth, Texas
“Worst hotel experience ever !”
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We had a horrible experience at this property. I had reserved a room for myself, my wife, and my 16 month old daughter. Upon entry into the room (room 320) we immediately noticed obvious semen stains on the couch. Shortly thereafter, we noticed more obvious semen stains on the wall in the ‘bedroom’ portion of the room. Front desk staff was summoned to the room and, like us, were in shock as to the disgusting nature of the problem. They offered to try to clean the stains / cover them up but were unable to offer another room due to full occupancy. There was no way I was going to allow my 16 month old to walk around in such a room (mind now being focused on what was not visible) and I was not interested in driving around San Marcos seeking alternative accommodations. I elected to receive a refund for my room and proceeded to drive 3.5 hours back home to Fort Worth, TX.

Before I go any further, I would like to complement the two young front desk ladies with whom I dealt with. They were very nice and genuinely concerned for our plight. That said, the hotel, let me and my family down - - in the worst possible way - - when we were tired at the end of a long day.

Of course, we wrote the company to express our displeasure with our experience. Unfortunately, they only saw fit to send us a generic form letter that didn't even address our specific complaint. There was no compelling offer to have us re-try their hotel chain and they may rest assured that I will NEVER stay at another Choice (the parent company) hotel ever again.

I was also disappointed to see that the ‘suites’ at this Comfort Suites were not suites at all - - but rather conventional hotel rooms with a small, hip level divider between the ‘bedroom’ and the ‘living room.’ We had sought out Comfort Suites because of our past stays at other locations had convinced us that there was value in having a wall / door between the living space and the bedroom as that was especially helpful with a baby that goes to bed early each night. This was interpreted by us as ‘bait and switch’ and as a real degradation of service.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Multiple semen stains in my room that caused me to leave the property
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank JeepNfun
jablomy, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near Texas State University, responded to this review, February 22, 2008
I am concerned about the inconvenience you experienced at out hotel during your stay. I personally went to that room in the morning and try to look for stain that you mentioned. Front desk staff did not clean while you were in the room because of having baby inside the room. We did not feel safe for the baby to use any cleaning chemicals in rooms. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. I understand your frustruation, but since then, we have implemented many improvements in our cleaning systems. We have changed the way house keeping is done through out the hotel. Please give us another chance to serve your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)