“Perfect Easter buffet for families”

Palmer's Restaurant Bar
Ranked #3 of 273 Restaurants in San Marcos
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Manomet, Massachusetts
“Perfect Easter buffet for families”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We brought 2 Sons and 4 Grands for the buffet. There was something for everyone, and the service was perfect. Great atmosphere for a family gathering by the fireplace, too.

1 Thank Paradox1995

Woodson, Texas
“Decent, but nothing special.”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate dinner there. When we ordered, they were out of several items. My wife ordered a Greek salad, but received a different salad. The kale my sister ordered was extraordinarily bitter.

The salmon and asparagus were good. The crab cakes were decent. The Texas flautas were the best thing on the menu . They were light, crispy, and flavorful.

Our waiter was new, but he was decent and it was obvious he was trying to do good. I had no complaints about the service.

Overall , it wasn't a horrible dining experience, but I probably wouldn't go back. The folks at the Embassy Suites try to send people here, but the restaurant is not at the level of others nearby.

1 Thank Jeff M
Austin, Texas, United States
“Take a break from outlet mall shopping”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

When visiting San Marcos & vicinity it's easy to stay along the IH35 corridor, dining at national chain casual dining restaurants. Take a 5 minute detour to visit Palmer's, close to the Texas State University campus. You will enjoy the charm of the courtyard, bar, & cozy interior. Cocktails are creative and fun. Food choices are very good and prices pleasing.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“R and R”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. I travel for business all over the world and am on my honeymoon traveling around Texas till Costa Rica. We are total foodies. Absolutely the best place we have been. Highly suggest the jbl sampler with baked fondue app. This is my first review I have ever written, it was that good. Andrew the server was the best I have ever had and I have traveled for work 9-10 months outta the year for 10 or so years. So I'm picky and want a server that knows the menu, takes pride in his job, etc. The worst is going somewhere u have never been and will never go again cause of traveling and they have no idea of the menu, should be part of the job. First time I ever asked the manager to come to the table to tell him how good of a job our server Andrew did. I highly suggest this place. Staying at a B and B for the night and the owner said it was her favorite place to eat in town. I'm so glad I listened. Great patio. But the food was killer. I have all the food apps and use them all the time, this one said this is 5th here but I have no doubt it's 1rst.

1 Thank Ryanandrach
San Antonio, Texas
“Nothing special”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went to this restaurant because reviews were pretty good. We went on Sunday and they were serving brunch, which I didn't know they had. There was a lot of variety on the menu, but I didn't know what to order. I ordered the Palmer's Special, which is similar to build your own breakfast. It consisted of two eggs, any style, bacon or ham and an additional side item. I chose the wheat toast. The eggs were just okay, the bacon was pretty good and the bread was just okay. I also ordered a piece of Key Lime pie. I thought that the piece was tiny for what it cost. The key lime pie was delicious. I enjoyed it. The service was outstanding! I went to use the restroom and as I entered the restroom, an employee was exiting a stall and she did not wash her hands. I was grossed out. Overall, I don't believe that I would go back there.

1 Thank MojoBeau12