“R and R”

Palmer's Restaurant Bar
Ranked #3 of 273 Restaurants in San Marcos
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. I travel for business all over the world and am on my honeymoon traveling around Texas till Costa Rica. We are total foodies. Absolutely the best place we have been. Highly suggest the jbl sampler with baked fondue app. This is my first review I have ever written, it was that good. Andrew the server was the best I have ever had and I have traveled for work 9-10 months outta the year for 10 or so years. So I'm picky and want a server that knows the menu, takes pride in his job, etc. The worst is going somewhere u have never been and will never go again cause of traveling and they have no idea of the menu, should be part of the job. First time I ever asked the manager to come to the table to tell him how good of a job our server Andrew did. I highly suggest this place. Staying at a B and B for the night and the owner said it was her favorite place to eat in town. I'm so glad I listened. Great patio. But the food was killer. I have all the food apps and use them all the time, this one said this is 5th here but I have no doubt it's 1rst.

1  Thank Ryanandrach
There are newer reviews for Palmer's Restaurant Bar

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went to this restaurant because reviews were pretty good. We went on Sunday and they were serving brunch, which I didn't know they had. There was a lot of variety on the menu, but I didn't know what to order. I ordered the Palmer's Special, which is similar to build your own breakfast. It consisted of two eggs, any style, bacon or ham and an additional side item. I chose the wheat toast. The eggs were just okay, the bacon was pretty good and the bread was just okay. I also ordered a piece of Key Lime pie. I thought that the piece was tiny for what it cost. The key lime pie was delicious. I enjoyed it. The service was outstanding! I went to use the restroom and as I entered the restroom, an employee was exiting a stall and she did not wash her hands. I was grossed out. Overall, I don't believe that I would go back there.

1  Thank MojoBeau12
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, old house charm with a huge fireplace and large windows, cozy bar, and a comfortable patio. The food has a great mix of local Texas flair but upscaled from most local places.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very nice wait staff with a very balanced menu. Wife had the crab cakes and I had the LBJ Sampler. Generous portions with great sides. A good wine list with an excellent mixed drink menu. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was our second visit to Palmer's, but our guests' first. Their comment when we left was that they would like to return. We enjoyed the salmon tacos and the pasta with blue cheese. Nice portions and presentation.