“Not the best BBQ you can get”

Fuschak's Pit Bar-B.Q.
Ranked #89 of 273 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Family owned business since 1966. Dine in, take out or drive-thru. Full service catering available off premises for 100 people or more. Need food for less than 100, you can pick that up at reasonable prices and very convenient. Give us a call today for your order!! Please note: We have discontinued the buffet.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place was disappointing!! It had all the looks of a great BBQ spot in Texas. We were shopping at outlets and wanted good Texas BBQ after (and I am a Texan) so we went here. Pinto Beans, Sausage and Potato Salad are good but the ONLY sauce the have is their 1 type BBQ sauce. Usually you can choose from a couple of different types but this place had one and that was it!! The BBQ sauce was just OK...they could improve on quite a few things!! :(

There are newer reviews for Fuschak's Pit Bar-B.Q.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The bar burrito is ok, their sliced beef was ok. The new employes are better then the old ones, and it looks like they cleaned up the restrooms.... Finally!!!! But they need to change the locks on the door, seems t me the prices are way too high. This place needs remodeling the chairs are metal and uncomfortable. The bathrooms were terrible I recently went there this past Thursday, someone definitely cleaned those bathroom walls. They looked like someone peed all over them and didn't flush. Thank god for that employee. Getting back to the staff. The employees work hard but I think the woman work harder. The woman seem to do everything first they take your order then they run wash their hands and prepare the food. Then call out your number in less than a few minutes!!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was just there today for lunch and it was the first time. What can I say?

Good: It was clean and fairly fast service since you order in the line and then sit down.
There is a kid's menu and a buffet or all you can eat option.
It smelled good when we got out of our car and into the restaurant.

Not So Good: The food was just okay. The serving size and quality was just okay but too pricey.
The BBQ was a little on the runny and blah side for me.
The chairs are all metal. There were very few condiment choices.
Cole slaw and corn bread was bland.
The best I could say is that the tea was sweet and the pickles were sour. Nothing truly memorable about their food.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The meat was too fatty and everything else was just ok. i dont have 100 words to say about a bbq place in smtx just that if you want good bbq leave san marcos and go some where, where bbq is famous, but if you just need somthing to eat this place is ok, affordable and you could probably find something you like.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love Fuschak's, eat there every time I am visiting San Marcos. Love their chopped beef sandwiches. Good food
and good prices.