“Go for the poutin, stay for the pizza”

Cody's Bistro & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Cody's Bistro & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 269 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cody's opened in October 2012. We are locally owned and managed, having San Marcos as our home for over 20 years. Our goal is to provide a customer experience that will garner your loyalty and allow us to build upon the diligence and attention to detail that you deserve.Cody's management team has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry.Located in Centerpoint Plaza - across from Premium Outlets and next to Starbucks.
Austin, TX
“Go for the poutin, stay for the pizza”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our first time to try Cody's & I have to agree with the general sentiment here--good, unique food, well presented, and good attentive service. There were some very intriguing offerings on the menu, but we just got an appetizer and a naan bread pizza to split. We ordered the duck poutin, because we like poutin, and this was probably the best version of it we've had-- the duck really adds a nice flavor to the gravy. The naan pizza (fig and prosciutto) was crispy and very tasty. We'll be back for some of those cool sounding entrees.

1 Thank TravelingProfessor

San Antonio, Texas
“Food was good”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I went to Cody's Bistro & Lounge for lunch with the intention of eating a chicken salad sandwich. When we got there, we were presented with the daily specials. They had a breakfast sandwich and Fried chicken and waffles. I have always wanted to try this dish, as I have seen this dish on the Travel Channel (from other restaurants in the U.S.). I decided to order the special instead so that I could get a taste of it.

The combination of waffles and chicken didn't thrill me, but separately, both were very good. The chicken was juicy and tender and I like waffles. The only thing that I absolutely did not like was the bourbon syrup. It tasted more like alcohol straight from the bottle with no syrup. I used some of the syrup, but it was not enjoyed. If you enjoy the flavor of alcohol, it may be for you!

Overall, the food was very good and I intend on going back to the restaurant, just not to order that particular dish. These two dishes (chicken and waffles) separately would be just great!

The service was top notch, the restaurant seemed a little dark, but it was a pleasant time.

On another note, the bathrooms are spotless and beautifully done.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank MojoBeau12
San Antonio, TX
“Great little bistro tucked away in the strip mall!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Looking for a place to meet family between Austin and New Braunfels, we found Cody's, located across the road from the outlet mall in San Marcos. It was a busy Sunday afternoon, but after a short wait, we sat down to a delicious lunch. Coconut Shrimp appetizer, chicken salad sandwich, turkey/brie sandwich, portobello 'burger', and chicken & waffles were all good choices. Sides of house salad and homemade chips were yummy too. Our waitress was attentive, kept our drinks full, and made sure we did not need anything. Everything was fresh and tasty. Staff friendly and helpful. We were too full for dessert, but it all looked good!

1 Thank tallred727
“Impressed by lunch; can't imagine dinner ”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Here with my family on vacation and always visit non-chain establishments or at least restaurants we don't have in my hometown. This place is awesome. I had the turkey and Brie with cranberry sandwich and we also had the tuna tartare for appetizer. Erica is an awesome waitress and the Moscow mules were the best I have ever had. We are coming back for brunch.

2 Thank Kenda J
Texas
“Top Notch”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have visited this small restaurant 7-8 times over the past year, I've never been disappointed.
I like that the menu changes every few months reflecting what is freshest and in season. Cody the owner and his staff are always friendly, attentive and most notably the wait staff is always knowledgeable about the menu and the bar. On our last visit we had the Butternut/Scallop entree and Beef Wellington, both were prepared perfectly! The scallops had a great sear yet the middle was melt in your mouth and the beef was tender, medium rare perfection. The bar is superior to any in the area, having an extensive cocktail menu using fresh ingredients and artisan liquors prepared by a mixologist, and great beer and wine selections. The wine list is not extensive but the wines are purposefully selected by the owner and not the typical wines you would purchase locally or experience in a chain restaurant. I usually shy away from Texas wines but our server, Jennifer (who guided us through the evening) recommended a Kerrville Cab that was so good I even purchased a bottle to take home! We will be returning soon!

• Visited July 2014