“Finally fine food and some class in San Marcos”

Cody's Bistro & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Cody's Bistro & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 269 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cody's opened in October 2012. We are locally owned and managed, having San Marcos as our home for over 20 years. Our goal is to provide a customer experience that will garner your loyalty and allow us to build upon the diligence and attention to detail that you deserve.Cody's management team has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry.Located in Centerpoint Plaza - across from Premium Outlets and next to Starbucks.
Austin, Texas
“Finally fine food and some class in San Marcos”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I thought I had wrote a review in this place already! I started coming to Cody's just after they opened until I moved away from San Marcos in May of 2013. A good test of a place is to see what it's like if you don't go for 6 months. I visited in December with my girlfriend and found the food just as good, the bar and wait staff great, and was happy to see that if anything they have improved their winning formula. It's so nice to have an upscale lounge/cafe in San Marcos, a place otherwise dotted with college bars and chain restaurants. It's quiet, great for a date, and they have a good happy hour too.

1 Thank 5GMan

Missouri
“Nice romantic dinner”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I am so glad there is a Bistro Bar in San Marcos. The service is outstanding, the food is unbelievable good, menu is moderate price but it's well worth it, if you're not kid friendly this is the right place to go for a romantic dinner. You will love the bar menu!

1 Thank Rick G
San Marcos, Texas
“Response to "Awful"”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This review is in response to the "Awful" review posted earlier this month. The comment about rat infestation is absolutely not true. My family and I have been there many times and experienced nothing but a clean, friendly environment. Such an accusation sounds like possible jealous competition, I'm not sure but I do know it is false. I also know is that Cody's has great food, fantastic cocktails and friendly service. I would definitely recommend to any fellow San Martians or out of town visitors.

2 Thank JenniferMor
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great stop”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to the outlet and was turned on to Cody's by a rep at Michael kors. We stopped for margaritas which were great but decided to order a drink that I always order ( Malibu and 7). It was unlike my drink. The bartender added a lime, no brainer, but then added a twist of grapefruit peel. That made this drink so amazing! I now wouldn't want to have it any other way. Best stop of the trip.

1 Thank yleija
San Marcos, Texas
“Awful”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Unprofessional staff and slow service. The establishment is clearly infested with rats. The food was overpriced and bland. Very disappointed with the whole experience. I certainly would not ever go there again or recommend it to anyone. I

3 Thank Mr1789
Ronnie M, Business & Finance Manager at Cody's Bistro & Lounge, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We appreciate your recent review. We truly attempt to provide each and every customer a positive experience when visiting Cody's. We see that this is your first Trip Advisor review and looks like you joined just to provide your review. We find your review both interesting and incorrect – interesting that out of 13 Trip Advisor reviews that yours falls way below other reviews and inconsistent with the same; incorrect in that your review has no validity. The General Manager talked to every table yesterday – we would have liked to hear your concerns at that time if you were in our establishment – that is why we are there. If you can provide us the date and time of your visit, the name of the unprofessional staff member, where you saw the rats, what you had for your meal, and how it was bland, we would be more than happy to correct any areas after our investigation based on your information. If we find your review factual, we would be glad to have you back to Cody’s for an experience that all of our customers receive, and deserve. We look forward to the requested information so that we can begin our investigation. Thanks again for your review. Have a great day.