“Holy Moly Miss Croley, Fantastic BBQ”
Review of Hays County BBQ

Hays County BBQ
Ranked #1 of 269 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Port Aransas, Texas
“Holy Moly Miss Croley, Fantastic BBQ”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I noticed that this place made the Texas Monthly top 50, so called up my buddy in New Braunfels to meet me for lunch. The 64 mile trip from Round Rock was well worth the time and gas. Dang! This place is fantastic. The sausage was among the top 3 I have ever tasted. Brisket and ribs were to die for and the beans were absolutely the best I have had (even better than mine). Folks, plan your trip to stop in here; you will be thanking me. Bon Apetite!

• Visited June 2013

Austin, Texas
“Love it! Brought some home too....”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Although the kids were wondering where we were dragging them to when we drove up, they changed their minds completely once we ate! It is very unassuming and just on the side of the road. You open the door though to be met by very friendly people, a VERY CLEAN place.... Reminiscent of the simple BBQ style of Rudy's. Though this felt cleaner to me!! The brisket was amazing! So good, we bought more to bring home. And warming it the next day in the over it was amazing too (he gave it to us in one piece so it would not dry out). My husband loved the pulled pork sandwich as it had some special flavor to it.... I preferred the brisket. Son and husband also loved the sausage. Yes, it closes at 8pm. No, this is not a sit down restaurant with lots of menu items.... It is typical BBQ place.... Worth the drive, great place to stop on way from Austin to San Antonio... And a new favorite of ourS!!! I almost forgot... They have ice cream but the banana pudding is unbelievable!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Eaglecrossing
Jupiter, Florida
“Top Quality Bar B Que”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

After a disappointing meal at Salt Lick this is the place to have tender cut with a fork or break apart with your fingers brisket and fall off the bone ribs at very low prices. It was select as one of the top 50 BBQ by Texas Monthly and is well worth the rating.

Visited May 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“Terrible hours of operation”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This came pretty highly rated. We arrived at 8pm on a Friday night and they were closing! It smelled wonderful inside, but we never got to eat there. If I ever return to San Marcos, I'd definitely try it again, but c'mon HCBBQ, closing at 8pm on a Friday?

Visited April 2013
2 Thank DaleA194
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OUTSTANDING!!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Today was my 4th visit. The pulled pork & sliced beef are 5 star!!! The pinto beans are served hot & spicy. All the sides are fresh and tasty. Very unique (Good) BBQ sauce. Friendly staff. BBQ joint atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013